Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Z is for Zoo, Zipline, ZZZ

We haven’t been to the zoo in a long time and when we did it was with the kids but you know there’s no reason why a trip to the zoo couldn’t be a date, right? Our zoo is right near the beach so a perfectly planned day could include walking around the zoo and then having a picnic at the beach to watch the sunset!

Even though we were both cool to go on a helicopter ride, I think a zipline adventure would be like the jetski trip to Catalina Island, out of the question. My hubby has done skydiving once but that was before he hurt his back and I’m not sure I’d like to take the chance on having a misadventure so high in the air. If you are interested though, this looks like a really cool place to go and it is near the Sonoma wine country so you could fortify yourself with some wine before you tried the zipline experience.

And finally, there is just plane old catching some ZZZZs. Nothing like a good cuddle in a nice cozy bed or wherever and just taking a nap. After this A to Z, I’m all for that!

So, what do you think? Does this old married lady still have some good ideas for dating or what? Did you like them? Going to try any new ones? Remind you of your dating days? I am so grateful to everyone who stopped by to say hello. I am really going to make an effort to get to some new folks starting next week when things settle down around here. Have a great rest of your weekend. I’m off to a wedding. Which is actually a date that I didn’t mention in the Ws!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/30/z-is-for-zoo-zipline-zzz/

12 comments:

  1. I'm all for zoos and zzzs, but there's no way I'm ziplining even if fortified with a lot of wine. You indeed came up with some great date ideas Janet. Congratulations on making it through the series - and I hope you had as much fun doing it as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. It came out pretty well I think. It was a lot of fun for me to go through our old photos for sure.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    Happy Saturday, last day of the month and final day of the 2022 A to Z Challenge, dear friend!

    One thing Mrs. Shady and I both love to do is go to the zoo. In my youth, I often visited the Baltimore and D.C. zoos. Here in Florida, she and I visited the Naples zoo as well as a rehab facility for sick and injured species of native Florida wildlife. I have also visited various petting zoos north and south of the Mason Dixon Line and east and west of the Mississippi. I love getting close to animals and building rapport with them. I like your idea of a date consisting of a visit to the zoo and relaxing on the nearby beach.

    I agree that a zipline date would be too risky at this stage of the game. I know they are an integral part of the program at some motivational seminar retreats, and I remember a friend who participated in the "extreme sport" or whatever the correct term would be. I see that the Sonoma Zipline Adventure is located a couple of hours drive up the coast from where you live.

    Your final "Z' idea is just as important, in my opinion, as our discussion earlier this month of the value of spending quiet time together in close proximity and not even speaking. We often hear about people "sleeping together," but it almost always refers to making whoopee. That's fine and dandy, but to me, it is more important when two people can actually fall asleep together. When you feel safe and secure enough, and when you trust your partner enough to fall asleep, it speaks volumes about your compatibility. And by sleep, I don't mean passing out together after a night of partying. I mean choosing to sleep with that person because it feels right. It's a sign of a healthy relationship, one that is destined to last.

    Shady's nugget of wisdom: " The couple that sleeps together... keeps together."

    Yessum, you proved that you've got what it takes to entertain and educate. You did it 26 times in a single month and offered three different topics in each post. That's laudable, Janet! I congratulate you on finishing the run and for coming up with consistently interesting subjects along the way. I had a great time visiting you throughout the Aprill hop, and I garnered many new ideas for ways Mrs. Shady and I can spend quality time together. I hope you have a safe trip to the wedding and back, after which you will get some much needed rest and catch some of those ZZZZZs. Maybe pooch Benny will take a snooze with you.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend Janet, and thank you for making this year's A to Z so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon my friend. We got back from the wedding earlier today and did indeed take a nap. Had such a great time. I wish I would have remembered your nugget as the bride and groom were asking for advice for a happy marriage.

      I am probably going to take a few days away from the blog to catch up on the rest of life but I'll be sure to watch for your new posts. Thanks for being such a faithful friend. Appreciate your comments. Benny was ecstatic to see us.

      Delete
  3. Yep zoos and zzz I can do. Zip lining? No way lol! Well done for getting to the end. Hope you enjoyed the wedding. I definitely need to use some of your dating ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time at the wedding, thanks Wendy. I've made note of a few I want to do again too!

      Delete
  4. Conratulations on completing the A - Z Challenge Janet. I've greatly enjoyed following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. It turned out to be a lot of fun for me too. More than I expected I think!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed your dating series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  6. The first time I went on a zip-line, I was so nervous I almost backed out of the opportunity... but then it was so much fun, and the scenery I was flying over was so beautiful, I could hardly wait to do it again.

    I enjoyed your posts and dating ideas! Congratulations on finishing the challenge. I hope to join in again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trudy! I hope you can do it again next year too.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!