Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2022

Y is for Yard Sale, Yoga, YouTube

While I have to be careful with the hubby if we are driving around and he sees a sign saying Yard Sale, we have done rather well the few times we have participated in our city’s Clean Sweep huge yard sale that they hold in the park. I don’t think they did it the last couple of years but this was from the most recent one we participated in. Hubby was selling his tools and I had tons of clothes and other household stuff that I wasn’t using so we packed it up and spent the day in the park. Well, I should say I spent the day in the park. Tools, which was what Bill had to sell, seemed to go much quicker than my things so he was done in a few hours!

I typically schedule a PARCA or Salvation Army pickup for the next day and anything that didn’t sell gets donated. I figure that if I’m ready to sell it, I don’t need it and why try to fit it back in the house?

Yoga may seem like it belongs with exercise but I consider it more of a meditation kind of thing and I have seen where couples do yoga moves together to strengthen their relationship. Here are some if you’re interested.

And finally there is YouTube. Hubby is always looking up various musical groups and when he finds something that particularly intrigues him he’ll come and share it with me. Or, it may be an old song from our past and we’ll watch it together. In addition to music though, he’s learned to find how-to’s to fix things around the house and that is very helpful.

Okay, I may get my Z post up later today as we have to head out early tomorrow morning for the wedding we are going to. It is a 3-1/2 hour drive so we’re leaving kind of early. I think I’d rather post it today than wait until Sunday. That way I can relax and enjoy the weekend.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/29/y-is-for-yard-sale-yoga-youtube/

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy Y-Day Friday, dear friend!

    Yessum, one of the hardest things for some people, including Mrs. Shady, is parting with something - anything! She a pack rat and so are her sisters. If there's a square inch of horizontal space available on a counter or tabletop, Mrs. Shady quickly finds a way to fill it. :) I vividly recall a yard sale we had here at the house that Mrs. S reluctantly agreed to, since it was intended to help her brother and his family who were struggling financially and facing eviction from their apartment for rent payment that was long overdue. Our generosity enabled them to stay in the place one more month, but he fell behind on rent again the following month and was soon evicted anyway. We would up having to buy them a mobile home so that they wouldn't need to pay rent. We even paid their lot rent for several years.

    A "Y" date with Mrs. Shady always means Yarn shopping. She is a yarnaholic, can't stop shopping for it and buying it. There's always a sale going on, and she can't resist a bargain. We have many large Rubbermaid tubs filled with yarn, enough to last a lifetime, but she still shops for more.

    Mrs. S used to go to yoga classes regularly, including one that was like a sweat lodge. They turned the thermostat up so that it was 90 degrees or more in the room where the yoga classes were held. Sweating as you run through the poses is supposed to be beneficial. You can count me out! :)

    Mrs. Shady and I both watch YouTube regularly, but not together. Her taste in music is different from mine, and she also spends lots of time on knitting, crocheting and craft tutorials.

    AOK, dear friend Janet. If you post your "Z" later today, I'll BOLO for it. If I'm too tired to comment tonight, I'll get to it first thing tomorrow. Please drive safely to the wedding and back. Do you need me to dogsit Benny? :) Take care and I'll see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, fortunately we have two kids living in the house who can manage Benny but I'll certainly keep you in mind as a backup dog sitter.

      Mrs. S and her yarn sounds like me and my scrapbook paper. So many pretty colors and patterns! I'll never use it all but when there's a sale I'm right there.

      Hubby would never be able to stand heat with a yoga class. He's having trouble staying cool just walking from the house to the garage - LOL.

      Side note in response to your post, we have seen the movie Yesterday and really enjoyed it so I'll be looking forward to your take on it. Have a wonderful weekend if I don't get to talk to you until we get back.

      Delete
  2. Yard sales had really caught on here in the UK - often called Jumble trails but of course the pandemic put a hold on them. But now they're starting up again and we're doing one next week! Enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good luck with your sale, Wendy. Yes, the pandemic certainly put a stop to a lot of things but I have seen a few more pop up around here too. It will be nice to see some folks at the wedding that we haven't seen since the girls were in high school practically.

      Delete
  3. I'm with your hubby on this, I love a yard/car/jumble sale, but my wife is careful to steer me away from such things. LOL

    Visiting from Facing The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dino! Thanks for stopping by. It never ceases to amaze me the "treasures" my husband comes home with sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on being so close to the end, Janet. I've greatly enjoyed following your A - Z adventures and have loved learning more about you. Well done on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! It has been a trip through memory lane for me.

      Delete
  5. What fun to have the community yard sale at a park! That would be a pleasant place to browse for treasures.

    About yoga... I think a Laughter Yoga session would be a fun date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yard sale in the park is fun. Lots of fresh air and people wandering around. I haven't heard if they are doing it again this year but probably not as they are remodeling the rec center that is in that area.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!