Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2022

I is for Ice Skating, Ice Cream, Indoor Rock Climbing

It’s going to be a very short post today as I have lots of work to do and no pictures to share. That’s what happens when I don’t prep for the letters in March like I did when I did my A to Z of San Francisco last year.

Ice skating is one idea for a date. When we were first married my husband joined a Broomball league and I would watch him play. They didn’t wear ice skates but it was at the rink so I’m counting that. And, just to be clear, even though I wasn’t participating in the activity, I still consider it to be a date. I’m really sorry I don’s have pictures of this because it was fun to watch but it was back in the “olden days” when we didn’t have cellphones with cameras, heck we didn’t even have cellphones without cameras, and I didn’t even have a good regular camera then either.

Going for ice cream is something that I DO participate, or at least did before I was watching my carb/sugar intake. We have a couple of places near us. My favorite is mint chocolate chip with hot fudge sauce. Hubby likes vanilla or sometimes chocolate.

And finally I’ll just throw this one out there, indoor rock climbing. We have never done that and honestly I don’t think either one of us would do very well at this stage. There used to be a place about 20 minutes away and the kids went there for birthday parties a couple of times but it has closed.

Okay. Sorry for the lack of details on this one but at least I got something out there. Have a great Monday all.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/11/i-is-for-ice-skating-ice-cream-indoor-rock-climbing/

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy Monday and I-Day to you, dear friend!

    I have seen people playing broomball on TV, but never knew anyone who was actually on a team. I read that it is closely related to hockey and just as physical. That being the case, it surprises me that the sport has not yet become an Olympic event. I'm starting to catch on that your hubby is a very well rounded athlete!

    I didn't take my dates ice skating because I would have embarrassed myself. The few times I tried, I discovered that my ankles were too weak and I ended up with painful blisters. I envy those who can skate well and I love to watch the figure skating championships in the Winter Olympics.

    An ice cream date is more my speed. :) Mrs Shady #1 loved ice cream and so did I. We went to a popular dairy store near us where they served banana splits and shakes. I'd get one of each, plus several of the giant pretzel rods they sold. With my racing metabolism, I never gained a single ounce. I even started buying that "rapid weight gainer" powder sold in the health and nutrition stores because I had trouble keeping weight ON. We also went to an ice cream shop at the mall called the Jolly Cow. Mrs. Shady #2 loves ice cream just as much, but I stopped eating it years ago because my metabolism slowed down and I was gaining weight. It's hard seeing her eat a dish of ice cream every evening as we watch TV together.

    Indoor rock climbing centers didn't become a thing until relatively recently, and therefore I never tried it. We have one near us, but I have no desire to break a bone at this stage of the game. :)

    These are all legitimate date ideas and I enjoyed your I-post, dear friend Janet. Take care, get your work done, and I'll see you back here tamale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you my friend about breaking bones at this stage. My knee break years ago was enough for me. Hubby used to be very athletic and that makes it difficult now when he really can't do much more than golf.

      I also feel you about watching Mrs. Shady eat ice cream at night while watching TV. Hubby doesn't put restrictions on himself even though he knows he probably should so I have to be careful not to eat his miscellaneous snacks. Glad you liked this abbreviated post, Dear Shady. See you tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. About a year and half ago, I learned I am insulin resistant, so I'm careful with carbs. Lately, I've been experimenting with making low-carb ice cream (using monkfruit sweetener). It took awhile to get the recipe tweaked to our liking, but now... Deelish! A friend was visiting in March and I made low-carb maplenut ice cream while she was here. She loved it so much, she decided she wants to get an ice-cream maker too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I've tried monkfruit in syrup but didn't like it at all!

      Delete
  3. I've never been one to voluntarily go on ice, but add cream to that ice and I call that a winner. I'm glad you're hanging in there Janet - your "abbreviated" post is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. Honestly I have a few that are going to be like this but what the heck, at least I'm still playing.

      Delete
  4. I remember going ice skating but it was a LONG time ago! An ice cream date would be fun but I'm like you - I don't eat it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately they make keto friendly ice cream in mint chocolate chip and just a spoonful or two can satisfy my desire.

      Delete
  5. Yep ice cream is fine, skating and rock climbing would probably need an insurance waiver lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im playing catch up and writing on 3 f them here😁. I was never one for golf although my brother loves it. That game sounds like fun but I don’t have a phone with that GPS on it so that’s out to. I love playing games- board games although my hubby, less so.
    I don’t think I could do a helicopter ride due to my fear of heights. When watching your video I immediately thought of the opening of Dallas so the song was going through my head. I like going on a hike, when I’m not in too much pain but, again, hubby is not one for it so I don’t go because it’s not wise to go alone.
    We both enjoy ice scream..hubby likes vanilla and I am all for chocolate. I am on weight watchers and weighs way too much but I have lost 43 lbs and am so happy but plan to lose more. Slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your weight loss! I know how hard that is. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Sorry it took me so long to respond but for some reason I don't get notified when you do.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!