Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2022

C is for Concerts, Costumes, Cards

I’ve written many times about the concerts we go to. I even did two A to Zs about the scrapbook pages I have done to remember them, first in 2017 and the second time in 2020. Our most recent concert was last Thursday when we saw Journey and Toto at Chase Center. I had not intended to get tickets even though we love Journey because the tickets were expensive and we don’t like to sit too far away. At the last minute we heard that our friends were going so I thought I’d take a look to see what tickets were left. It was the day before show and I guess there were some tickets that didn’t sell and I managed to get seats in the 5th row on the floor! They were less expensive than some seats shown farther away.

We met our friends on their boat (named Journey!) for cocktails and snacks and then walked to the venue, our first time at Chase since it opened a couple years ago. We had to shoo the seals off the walkway to get by. It looked like they were on a date too! Actually it looked like it was mating season for the seals because there were a bunch of them prancing around in the water. Maybe they were on the way to the concert as well.

I have my face turned to the side in the photo because I tripped over the cable cover on the way to our seats and ended up with a cut lip. Turned into a nice fat bruise the next day. No pictures of that!

Toto was great and my husband even got the attention of Steve Lukather because he (my hubby) brought his book, The Gospel According to Luke, and waved it in the air. I mean he (Steve), looked in our direction and nodded so I’m gonna say we got his attention – LOL.

Journey was great too. They did 19 of their hits including my favorite Journey song, Faithfully.

I wish I could have been this close when Steve Perry was with the group. Still, it was a great night and we were even interviewed on our way in by a reporter from the Chronicle but I guess our comments weren’t newsworthy enough to make it into the article. Anyway, I guess you could say concerts are our number one date nights.

Dressing up in costume is another fun thing to do on a date. We went to a Halloween party early in our relationship. He was a pirate and I was his wench. I made my costume. Old time western style photos are my favorite. It’s been a while since we’ve done one of those so maybe I can talk him into doing another one. I know that photo booths are a big hit at weddings as well. Something about becoming another person for a while is exciting. My blog is rated PG or I might talk about some other types of costumes too…

And last but not least is cards. I mentioned putting baseball cards in order but we also played with a regular deck of cards. We used to play canasta for hours. That’s really a cheap date, right?

Have I given you any new ideas for date nights so far? Let’s see what I can come up with for D. See you tomorrow.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/04/c-is-for-concerts-costumes-cards/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy "C" Day, dear friend!

    Yessum, you and your hubby go to more date night concerts than anybody I know. How lucky you were at the 11th hour to secure 5th row seats to see Journey and Toto! I wish I could have been there at the dock to see those seals basking on the runway. I never saw anything like that. Yessum, in the second picture, it appears that they are engaged in frisky business. Those two need to get a room! :)

    Well, I am very sorry to learn that you tripped and cut your lip on the way to your seats, dear friend. It seems to me you could sue the Chase if they left an obstruction in an aisle used by visitors to the venue. I see that in this case the bands allowed audience members to take pictures during their performances, and you collected more great shots for your scrapbook. Journey sounded just like they did in the 80s, even w/o Steve Perry on lead. Am I correct that the lead singer we see and hear in that video is Filipino vocalist Arnel Pineda, formerly with the cover band The Zoo?

    You two looked great in your pirate and wench costumes for Halloween many moons ago, and that's a sensational picture of you guys posing in costumes from the Old West. You are lucky to also have card playing in common, especially canasta. I'd say C" is also for compatibility!

    I appreciate these three "C" date night ideas, dear friend Janet. Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you tamale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend. Yes, Arnel Pineda is the singer for Journey and has been for 15 years now, which I think is even longer than Steve Perry. While he does sound close, I'm afraid my true love of the band is with SP singing. Interestingly, Journey came out with several new albums and I just can't get into them as much so I am grateful that they sing the old hits during their shows.

      Those pirate pictures and the beach ones from the other day remind me of how many years have gone by. We must be compatible to stay together through all the changes, right? Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

      Delete
  2. My favorite Journey song is "Lights." If we lived in your area, my husband would want us to be your best friends. He loves going to concerts! (Me... not so much. I think I've only been to 3 concerts... The Carpenters, Olivia Newton John, and Neil Diamond.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those sound like they would be good shows. We didn't start going to concerts for real until 2006 but since then we've been to over 100. We are running out of new people to see. LOL

      Delete
  3. I’m playing catch up so...I wish my hubby and I had more date nights but maybe we do when I think of all the movies we watch together. I like aquariums and Toronto has a nice one. I like listening to ABBA too. My brother is huge into baseball and has amassed a large baseball collection. He used to write the back of baseball cards as well. Not for Tops but for another one which I can’t remember. He was asked, once, to work in Texas for a baseball card place figuring out the value of the cards. He knows his stuff.
    I have been to a few concerts...classical:)). I love classical music and was so happy to see the Mozart concert in the gilded hall in Vienna which is normally reserved for New Year’s. That was magical.
    I wish my hubby like amusement parks..I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we ever want to sell lhe baseball cards I'll be sure to look you up to get in touch with your brother!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!