Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2022

X is for X-rated, X-O, X-Box

So X-Box is a gaming system that came out in 2001 and you might say that was covered in the post about Video games but this is my blog and I’m using it here too. When hubby and I were in our first apartment together in 1982 we spent many an hour playing Burger Time on what was one of the first systems called Intellivision. While it didn’t happen often, occasionally I even beat him. I wish I had seen this video back then, I really could have used the pointers!

X-O could stand for the game tic-tac-toe, which would be fun to play sometimes but also can get rather boring. X-O is also often used at the end of a letter to stand for hugs and kisses. I have had a few notes from my hubby over the years and these are some of them. While they don’t include the X-O, I definitely feel the love.

I know that by this time you are waiting for X-Rated dating ideas. Since my blog is basically PG there are no pictures of that, I’ll let you use your imagination.

Okay. Y and Z left. Thank goodness.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/28/x-is-for-x-rated-x-o-x-box/

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I didn't think you were going to post anything today, dear friend. It's nearly my bedtime here on the east coast! :)

    I hereby certify that I am over the age of 18 and that it legal in my community to view your X content! :)

    If you watch that Burger Time video game long enough, you start to hallucinate. :) I never tried playing an X-box game. It seems too complicated for my tired old brain.

    "XO" reminds me of the love letters my girlfriend and I sent to each other in the late 60s before we got married. I was attending Penn State and living in an off campus apartment with three other guys. She was still living at home down in the York area. We would send snail mail love letters back and forth and cover the envelopes with X's and O's and other symbols of our affection. It's a wonder the postal service agreed to deliver them.

    Your love letters look similar to the ones I just mentioned. It's a shame she and I couldn't keep the fire burning after we got married, resulting in my second stint as a bachelor beginning in the late 70s.

    I'm glad you found some non X-rated material to use for your X-Day post, dear friend Janet. FYI - I have a new post up and running as of this morning. Hope you can stop by. Enjoy the rest of your day, please walk my buddy Benny and I'll see you tomorrow on Y-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit late in posting today, my friend. I certainly don't want you to lose any beauty sleep! Also for some reason it took a long time to simulcast this one as I do my main blogging on WordPress and then it magically appears here on Blogger.

      It is sad that not all first relationships work out, but if I had lasted in my first relationship, I wouldn't have the kids I do or the hubby I have now. We might not even have had a dog! So there is that.

      I was going to post some info about X-rated motels that also offer themes like castles and the like but decided to cut it short. Thanks so much again for staying awake to read my post. I'll head over to yours now!

      Delete
  2. Tic-tac-toe... I showed this to my youngster when he was 4 years old I believe. It took him all of five minutes until he kicked my butt. Every.Single.Time!

    Happy Friday - almost there!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks Tamara. Happy Friday to you too!

      Delete
  3. Fun post Janet. I LOVE love letters! And XOs belong on them. Or maybe hugs and kisses should be the cost of losing (or winning) at tic-tac-toe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although my husband and I leave little notes for each other, this post made me think of my sweet grandkids. They leave me notes when they visit, and often use XOXO when they sign their names. Warms my heart every time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!