Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2022

U is for Underwater, Unplugged, Unplanned

Okay, I really may be stretching it with the letter “U” but what the heck. I have no pictures so it’s going to be a short one too.

Underwater activities like snorkeling or scuba diving might be a fun date. We’ve never done them but anything with water always grabs my attention. I know there are some beautiful things you can see underwater.

Unplugged is something that works in these technological times. We always have our phone at the ready even if it is just to look up something that we’re talking about. In the olden days, there was no such thing so putting the phones away and just communicating is a good idea once in a while. Especially now that the kids are grown and we don’t need to be so available to them. We went to a restaurant for dinner the other night and as I looked around almost everyone was on their phones. I’m sure you’ve seen that too. Of course in our case, if we don’t look up what we were talking about, we won’t remember when we get home so having a paper and pen with us might be helpful – LOL.

Finally, unplanned. Sometimes you can have the most fun when you are just spontaneous and take a detour on a different road or just head out with no real destination in mind. Spontaneity can be exciting.

I’m calling that done. We’re on our last week with some of the hardest (for me) letters. Have a great Monday!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/25/u-is-for-underwater-unplugged-unplanned/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy Monday and U-Day, dear friend!

    Mrs Shady and I haven't tried scuba diving, but she and I had s great time snorkeling on our trip to Key West 15 years ago. From there, we took a 68 mile boat ride out into the Gulf of Mexico to Dry Tortugas National Park. At the beach on the island, we stripped down to our swimsuits, waded in the water and enjoyed hours of snorkeling, getting a close-up view of the reefs and branching coral. We also spotted small sharks in the water as we paddled around, but they didn't bother us.

    I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of going unplugged on dates. In fact, it's refreshing to be incommunicado several times a week. It's a pleasure not to be interrupted every few minutes by a phone call, a text or a notification alarm. Watching old movies and scripted TV series reminds us that we managed perfectly well before personal electronic devices came along and enslaved us.

    Yessum, some of the best times are to be had when you dare to deviate from the script and wing it. In football, a "busted play" sometimes turns into a big gain.

    Well, dear friend, it's nice that your U-post didn't need to rely on the "umbrella" umbilical. (See what I did there?) However, I'd like to remind you of the hit pop song by the Hollies that made "umbrella dating" famous in the mid 60s:

    Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say
    "Please, share my umbrella"
    Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows
    Under my umbrella
    All that summer, we enjoyed it
    Wind and rain and shine
    That umbrella, we employed it
    By August, she was mine

    Have a great Monday and I'll be back to see you tamale on V-Day, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Shady! That would have been a fun "U" post. I had forgotten about that Hollies song. The snorkeling trip sounds wonderful, although I think the sharks might have made me just a bit nervous. Thanks for starting my week off my friend. See you tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Thumbs UP Janet for some great U suggestions! We've landed in the trickiest week now, so while the end is in sight, the hardest letters are making our brains smoke. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I actually think I'm gonna make it!

      Delete
  3. Unplugged and unplanned appeal to me. Like you, I try to only use my phone for looking stuff up when we are dining out. I like your suggestion of just jotting a note to look up later.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!