Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

V is for Video Games, Volleyball, Vista Point

Video games are not something that we do often but we have been seen playing video poker while sitting at a bar in Reno. We also have played some games on our phones, mostly word games to keep our minds fresh like Word Splash. I guess those count as video games. We like to see who gets farther, although he is way ahead of me since I’m still working and he’s retired.

Volleyball is probably out of the question for us now, although a nice volleyball game on the sand at the beach would be fun.

Lastly is Vista Point. There are many spots on the highways where you can take an unplanned excursion to see the sights from a Vista Point. The one that will always mean the most to me is Logan Shoals Vista Point in Zephyr Cove, Nevada. That is where we had our very small wedding and it was just a wonderful setting. We stopped back by there on our 25th anniversary. It had changed a little from what I remembered but it was still a beautiful spot.

I think it’s time for another visit there, don’t you?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/26/v-is-for-video-games-volleyball-vista-point/

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy a video game but it's not hubby's thing. We've played volleyball in the distant past (nearly broke a finger in the process) but finding a good viewpoint is always a plus. Lovely pics of your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. Yes, at this point the chance of breaking a finger or any other body part is greater so we'll probably stay away from the volleyball thing too!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    Happy Tuesday and V-Day, dear friend! I see light at the end of the A to Z tunnel. :)

    This comment took an hour to write because, right in the middle, Mrs. Shady asked me to drive to the store for groceries. I just got back! :)

    I honestly don't remember an occasion when Mrs. Shady and I played a video game together but, during my second stint as a bachelor in the early 1980s, when I was frequenting bars and clubs of various kinds, I often played Pac Man, Ms. Pac-Man and other electronic games. Years earlier, as a teenager, I was addicted to pinball machines. I love word games and will search for Splash and others.

    There was a time when I loved watching volleyball matches on TV and occasionally participated. As you know, the sport requires quick reflexes, physical dexterity and plenty of stamina, especially if you are playing at the beach in the blazing sun.

    Yessum, Logan Shoals Vista Point looks like a lovely spot for a wedding and follow-up visits on anniversaries. I hope it doesn't change too much from the way it was when you first laid eyes on it. Thanks for sharing photos of the happy couple.

    The only other "V" date I could mention is the Valentine's Day early in our relationship, before we were married, when the future Mrs.Shady and her daughter sneaked into my office at work before I arrived and decorated it with red streamers, hearts, balloons, plush animals - you name it. I never experienced such a romantic gesture before or since. That evening, I took her on a clothes shopping spree as my way of reciprocating.

    Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday, dear friend Janet, and I'll see you tomorrow on W-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness my friend, how could I possibly have left out Valentine's Day as a dating idea? What a fun day you had with the future Mrs. Shady.

      I remember trying to play Pac-Man and pong in the bars but just as with volleyball, it requires a certain amount of quick hand-eye coordination which I'm not really great at.

      Only 4 more to go. I will be both happy and sad when this one is done. Thanks for coming along on the ride.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes, you definitely need to visit Vista Point again. Loved those photos! And I'll be looking up Word Splash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun game. Vista Point is such a beautiful spot.

      Delete
  4. Vista Point looks beautiful! I love scenic views.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!