Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Q is for Quizzes, Quiet Time, Quickie

Okay, I’ll admit I’m really stretching it with this one but come on, Q? As in Jigsaw puzzles, quizzes can be something that you do together. Our newspaper has some fun ones on the comic pages and my husband loves to test my knowledge on different things. Mostly he likes to try to stump me with the literary themed ones since I read a lot. I don’t watch much television but I think that even watching shows like Jeopardy together could count as a quiz date.

And then there is the quiet time where you are just in the same room relaxing together. Maybe you share a dog. Sometimes I work on my card making or organize my supplies in the living room just so I can spend some time with him. It works for us.

And then there are the “quickies.” No pictures and not much detail but I think most everyone who has kids and a busy life knows what a “quickie” is. There were many times when the kids were little or when my husband had weird working hours like the graveyard shift from 11 PM to 7 AM or even the swing shift from 3 PM to 11 PM when a quickie was all we could manage. You do what you can, right?

Hope that wasn’t TMI for you. Thank goodness I still have some fun letters left!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/04/20/q-is-for-quizzes-quiet-time-quickie/

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I'm running a little behind today because I had a routine medical procedure this morning and lost several hours of blogging time. You know how that goes.

    Ironically, "Q" turned out to be an easy A to Z day for you because, in a single post, you mentioned two dating activities that are more important than they might seem. In fact, all three of these topics are Grade-A choices for Q-Day.

    Mrs. Shady and I enjoy playing what we call the dictionary game, a quiz game we invented in which we pass a dictionary back and forth and take turns challenging each other to name an obscure word based on its definition or give a suitable definition of an obscure word. It's fun and educational. I also have fond memories of quizzing Mrs. Shady more than 20 years ago when she was going to nursing school. Using her various medical textbooks, I would read the multiple choice questions to her and she would give me not only the answer but the rationale behind it, which is more important than simple memorization. She always amazed me that she could rattle off the answers to complex medical questions based on patient case scenarios while cooking our meals or doing other complicated tasks.

    A couple that can spend quiet time together without feeling awkward about the silence is in deep rapport. It is very important to share quiet times like you described, just scratching Benny's tummy and doing your own thing while your hubby does his thing in close proximity.

    The "quickie" is also important because, if you start putting things off until the time is perfect, you start to fall out of the rhythm and might never get it back. Indeed, brief, spontaneous encounters are often much more exciting and memorable than interludes we carefully plan in advance.

    This was an excellent post for your series, dear friend Janet. Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you tamale on R-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thanks for taking the time to stop by my friend. Hope the procedure was not too uncomfortable. You grasp the concept of all three of these activities, and while important to the relationship, I forgot to mention they are all FREE! Who says dating has to be expensive.

      Thanks again for stopping by. Any time is the right time!

      Delete
  2. All you Q choices qualify as excellent in my opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any post that brings a smile to my face is a good one. I'm smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Managing a quickie is good enough i suppose :) ur photos reflect a calm quiet time u spend together


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take what you can get when you have kids and full time jobs. :)

      Delete
  5. You did well with the letter Q.
    I like quizzes. Currently I play worlde, quordle, playoff wordle,...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing wordle and quordle but that's as far as I'm going!

      Delete
  6. We like watching The Chase... a trivia quiz show. Up until your suggestion, we haven't counted that as a date, but now we can, right? ;-)

    Quiet time is wonderful. We love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Chase can be a date! Quiet time is necessary!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!