Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2023

A to Z – 2023 – W is for Wind Baffles

Designed by !melk in 2022, the Wind Baffles are lit from the outside and though made from steel, they look a lot like giant flowers. They are situated in a tiny park in the middle of the South of Market District. It was easy to spot these as I drove down the street.

Best Viewing: After dark along Mary Street between Natoma and Minna.

Really short post today. I was awakened at 3 AM by a call from the doctor that one of my MIL’s blood tests came back at a critical level and he wanted us to take her to the ER to get checked immediately. Three hours later a repeat blood test was in her usual range. Not sure we needed to wake up a 97-year-old and drag her to the hospital for something that was nothing. She is home and fine but I’m exhausted. See you tomorrow for X.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2023/04/27/a-to-z-2023-w-is-for-wind-baffles/

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy "W" day, dear friend!

    If we were "baffled" by yesterday's exhibit, we are again today, but in a more positive sense. Those bright blue wind breakers look to me like wild mushrooms growing on another planet. What an eerie sight, but beautiful nevertheless. Just so you know, the images are jumbo size again today, not that it matters to me.

    I'm sorry you had a scare with your MIL in the middle of the night. It must have been an ordeal for you as well as for her to be robbed of your sleep and head to the ER. Better safe than sorry, and I'm glad her follow-up test revealed nothing to worry about. Even so, it's another "baffling" mystery why the results of the two tests differed so sharply.

    Have a happy Thursday, dear friend Janet. I'll be back to see you tomorrow for "X" day. Please keep it clean, because I am easily offended. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I bet you are! In hindsight we never should have gone to the ER. She was fine sleeping and it would have been okay to wait until this morning and just go have a repeat lab test done. Having been awakened at 3 AM though, I wasn't thinking clearly. When I discussed it with her this morning, she agreed. She has DNR orders in place anyway and she is ready to go anytime she says.

      I was impressed with these big blue structures and yes, they do look a little like mushrooms on another planet. Thanks again for your kind support.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the misadventure!

    I really like these odd blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the emergency call and glad it turned out ok. Love this installation. Blue is my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!