Search This Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2023

A to Z – 2023 – E is for Entwined

Our journey through San Francisco looking for the Illuminate SF installations continues with the letter E as in “Entwined.”

Entwined is a magical garden of changing lights and oh my goodness was I lucky to be able to get this display! It was supposed to be taken down early in March but because of our rainy weather, they had to leave it up. At first I couldn’t find it but as I was driving through Golden Gate Park I saw some sparkling bright lights so I kept driving toward them. I may have inadvertently driven through some barriers that said “Do Not Enter” but it was dark so I’m not sure. Technically the park was closed when I got there.

I didn’t get any still photos but was able to get out of the car and take this video. As mentioned in my first post, if flashing lights disturb you, take care viewing it.

The display was designed by Charles Gadeken and it was installed in 2020. The trees ranged from 12 to 20 feet tall. The variety of effects may make you think of raindrops, lightning and wind blowing. It was a temporary exhibit and as I write this, the last viewing was April 2 and then it was going to be taken down.

Of course if you have been following me for any length of time you know how I feel about magical places and I was enchanted by this scene. I wish I had walked into the middle of it but I didn’t want to get too far away from my car. I was just getting ready to leave when it started up again with these vibrant colors so I took one more short movie.

Best Viewing: Peacock Meadow, Golden Gate Park. I’m sorry that if you come to SF you won’t be able to see this exciting forest but at least I was able to give you a taste of what it looked like.

As we make our way through the first week of the A to Z Challenge I am more and more amazed by all the interesting themes other folks have chosen. I hope I am entertaining you with mine. See you tomorrow for the letter “F.”



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2023/04/06/a-to-z-2023-e-is-for-entwined/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy "E" Day, dear friend! I assure you that I find your A to Z topic entertaining. You know that I would still show up for you regardless, but I do look forward to touring your area and seeing the sights of SF that you have so capably shown us in your annual Challenges. "Entwined" is an otherworldly display. It brings to mind the flashing "lightning bugs" (fireflies) that I loved to observe at nightfall in my Pennsylvania neighborhood when I was a boy. The surreal forest also has me imagining that we have landed on another planet where all the plants and trees light-up at night. It amazes me that you were brave enough to enter a closed park alone at night to capture those videos. However, I can see why you wanted to linger awhile and take in the eerie beauty of this enchanted garden.

    Lo and behold, I've got an A to Z exhibition post running right now at Shady's Place, and hope you can come over and join the fun. I'll be back to see you for "F" day tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a wonderful friend, dear Shady, to continue visiting me every day. I feel guilty for the times I miss your blog posts! I will definitely check out the A to Z you have up. I seem to remember you did a tribute to our little challenge last year too. I know you have other folks who follow you who also A to Z. Funny that the letter "F" also happens to be a Friday, right?

      Delete
  2. Absolutely striking! I love this fairy land and I’m glad you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thankful the rain kept them from dismantling it before I got there.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!