Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Daughtry

"D" is for Daughtry.  He is one of my new favorites, although the first time we saw him was in 2008 as the opening act for Bon Jovi, the band I used for "B" in 2017.  I knew he had been on "America's Got Talent" but I never watched that so I wasn't really familiar with him.  I only had a couple of pictures from that show and our seats were farther away so they are not the best.





The next time we saw Daughtry was nine years later and he was again an opening act, this time for Nickelback.  These pictures were better and I found some great paper to use.  Again from Paper Wishes but I can't remember the name of the collection.  I took all the papers out of the packaging and just have them on the shelf.     





I think the colors match our clothes so well.  We went with our friend, Lois, and her son but they were in the row ahead of us and to the side a bit.  I remembered to take a picture of the marquee on the way out.  Usually I get one on the way in but I think it looks cooler at night.  I'm using that as the title. 




I had picked up this template at one of the Scrapbook Expos.  I am so sad they had to cancel the Expo this year.  I had been on a scrapbook spending freeze so I could shop there and I'm having a bit of withdrawal symptoms.  The backing paper matched the colors on the other page so I left it.


It was easy just to slide the pictures in and I added some sparkly to the notes.


I had this stamp and it reminded me of the flower on the first page.  I stamped it on pink paper and then used a pen to color in the notes.



Kinda looks like it, don't you think?




Time for another stencil, this one is Beach Umbrella from Lea France.





I put the Set List in the middle.  He has quite a few new songs but also sang some old ones.  "Backbone" is a great one.  I added some black triangles around the frame to complete the design.  



I used blue and red triangles around the outside to fill this one in and make it match the paisley print on the page before.



Here is the finished product as it is in the album.





We've seen Daughtry two other times recently and I have much better pictures but I'm trying to fill the albums in order as best I can.  I know I'm going to have some empty pages to fill between some of these and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.  Maybe I'll put a page in about the different venues we've been to.  

That's it for "D."  Make sure to stop by some of the other A to Z-ers and come back Monday for "E."  Can you guess who it might be? 












3 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Gee, I thought "D" stands for DISCO DISCO DISCO, dear friend! :) I'm getting the feeling that is not the case in your household (in fact, MORE than a feeling. There I go again.) Seems you, your hubby, daughters and friends prefer classic rock and alt rock.

    I am very familiar with Chris Daughtry and his band because another of my close friends turned me on to their music a dozen years ago. They have turned out some great songs. You are lucky to have seen their show multiple times. Once again I am impressed by the excellent pictures you took of the band doing their thing. I also admire you for being a fine artist, selecting eye pleasing color combos and geometric shapes and assembling imaginative compositions. Your layouts are of such high quality that I can imagine the bands and their record labels using them for promotional materials or album/CD covers or inserts.

    Have a safe and happy weekend sheltering in place, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Shady, while I have enjoyed some disco music (Donna Summer for example) and I did go "clubbing" when I was in my 20's, my heart is rock and roll. I am blushing at your praise of my work. Thanks so much! Have a wonderful weekend buddy.

      Delete
  2. These are great looking pages. And I like the way you created the photos with that stencil..so well done. I remember him on this show...one of the few times I watched it and he was quite good. I’m glad he is doing so well

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!