Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - We Belong

I am surprised by some of the things I am realizing about our concert experiences by scrapbooking them for this A to Z.  For instance, we have seen Pat Benatar and her husband, Neil Giraldo, a total of six times!  "We Belong" is one of the songs she most always sings.

The first time we saw Pat and Neil (I think after seeing them so often we can be on a first name basis, don't you?) was in 2010.  They were the headliner at The Mountain Winery and REO Speedwagon was the opening act.

I'm using paper from The Artful Watercolor collection.  It has a page of die cuts and tags to go with it.  It also has some 3-D embellishments but I'm not sure if I'll use them or not.  Nice to have options.






This is the first page of that set.  I'm not done scrapping the pictures of REO Speedwagon yet because I wanted to concentrate on the Pat Benatar photos since they are the ones that go with the A to Z.  We did an unusual thing and had dinner at the Winery first.  It was not that impressive actually and we've never done it since. 

We had pretty good seats down in front for this show and they hadn't even started the Loyalty Club at the Mountain Winery yet so we were lucky.  


Instead of mounting every photo I used the corner rounder for the corners of the pictures and then had some stickers that matched for the corners of the paper.  I also added some Dazzles stickers to the top part of this page after I took the picture. 


Neil Giraldo's nickname is "Spyder." I think the Dazzles stickers I put around it look like spider webs a little.   


I added some Dazzle stickers to enhance the page a bit.  I also put the corners on this page after I took the picture. 


They did a portion of the show acoustic.  They were engaging with the crowd and told some of the background of the songs.  


Pat dances around the stage and it really looks like they are having fun. 


"Hell is for Children" is one of my husband's favorite songs.  They did sing most of their hits.  


The set list.  


Theoretically this is how it will look in the album.  As I said, I do have the pictures from REO Speedwagon to scrap so hopefully the pages will match up.  I am using the same collection for both groups so even if it gets moved around, it still should look okay.






Here is "Love is a Battlefield."  You can tell it is not from the same show because Pat Benatar's hair is short but it is still the Mountain Winery.


"W" is done!  Thanks for sticking with me!












6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy Monday and "W" Day, dear friend! You're in the homestretch. Excited?

    As soon as I saw the title of today's post I knew you were featuring Pat Benatar, one of the great voices and great beauties in rock. Her music video for "We Belong" played often on the MTV station where I worked. Pat's pop rock style made her material suitable for the afternoon and early evening dayparts while harder and heavier bands and songs were played after 9 pm.

    It's exciting that you just realized you have seen Pat perform in six different live shows! Your Artful Watercolor paper is gorgeous. Having stepped through this series with you, I am tempted to buy some of these beautiful colors and patterns for my own scrapbooks. My layouts would look much better than they do now with the standard solid colored construction paper I used. I am surprised to learn that the meal you had at The Winery wasn't that good. I would think a venue of that size and with its reputation as a music mecca would see to it that they served good food for their patrons. It's nice that Pat's hubby Neil was part of her show and that they did a good job of connecting with the audience and giving brief (I assume) back stories about the songs. You took some great pictures of them as a couple and doing solos. I would say that "Heartbreaker" and "Treat Me Right" are my two favorite Pat B hits. I don't know how old Pat was in that video clip, but she still sang with soulful conviction and sounded great!

    Have a super day and I'll see you tomorrow, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday to you my friend Shady! I've linked several times to the Paper Wishes site where I buy my papers. Sometimes they have the collections on sale. That's usually when I buy. I would say the Winery food was good, just that perhaps it was a little too fancy/expensive for our taste. We are just as happy bringing deli sandwiches and having a cocktail at our car before going in to the venue. Pat is one of those women who really age well. She was 64 in that video from 2017. Tomorrow's letter is almost done. Y and Z are going to be challenging! I am both excited and a little sad to see the A to Z end. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six time is a lot! Beautiful album for an artist you seem to love ;)
    W is for Women

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, six times is more than I thought. I know we have seen Foreigner and Journey a lot too. I'm going to count them all up as part of the recap I think. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I agree, after seeing them that many times, you can be on first name basis! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL right? My husband and I joke that we put their kids through college.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!