Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Miller

As I thought, I've hit a snag.  The good news is I have transcription work to do which means income.  The bad news is I have transcription work to do which means less playtime.  Fortunately I had drafted all the letters of the alphabet and some even have scrapbook pages that were done in the past so I will be able to share something for every day, it may not be the completed layouts.  I'm okay with that.   

For the letter "M" I'm using Steve Miller, who was another one of those happy surprises.  We've seen him twice now and both times even though he wasn't the headliner, his performance was better than theirs (note:  It was Journey both times, not with Steve Perry though).

The first time we saw Steve Miller he was the middle act between Tower of Power and Journey.  I was only going to scrapbook the pictures from his set but since I'm getting behind anyway, I may just wait until I have time to do the whole show.  In any case, I chose this set of papers called Songbird from Paper Wishes.  I know I will have to add some papers from my other stash because there won't be enough to do it all but I'm pretty sure I can find some that will coordinate.     


We had friends with us again this time and...it was at Shoreline Amphitheater.  See, I told you we went to other venues!  I liked this to use as the title page.


I picked the Water Lily Stencil for this group of pictures.  





I added an outline around the circle with some Nuvo pearl.   




I still have to do something else to it though because I'm not sure I like it like this.



Neal Schon came out and did a song with Steve Miller.  I'll probably put the set list on this page because there are fewer pictures.






















On this one I'll probably use another stencil to fit them all in.  I like this paper because there are birds flying all around, even though they are not eagles.  Get it?  "Fly Like an Eagle?" 



Once I actually get the scrapbook pages done I'll post an update because I'm sure you all want to see how they come out!  Hope everything is going well for you all in this crazy Covid time.  Stay safe out there.  Take a peek at some of the other A to Zers if you get a chance.  Don't hate me because I can't keep up completely! 













7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! We go to a lot of shows on our own so when friends are able to come it is nice.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    This is a coincidence because just yesterday I completed a draft of a future post that will include Steve Miller Band. A-ha! You went to a different venue this time! I read that Shoreline Amphitheatre opened in 1986 and has a seating capacity of 22,500. It is located in Mountain View there in your greater Bay Area. Having browsed an assortment of Google images, I must say that Shoreline is spectacular, a great place to see a live show.

    Is it just my imagination or have you seen most of the bands in your series more than once? Steve Miller and his band have a long string of hit singles. I am familiar with most of the songs in his set list. I'm happy to know Steve and his guys came through with great performances, even eclipsing the main attraction, Journey. It's cool that you selected paper with a bird theme to go along with "Fly Like An Eagle." Close enough, I'd say. :)

    I hope you remain well and in good spirits, dear friend Janet. Take care, hunker down, and I'll see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Shady, you put me to shame and I hope that my readers pay attention to your comments because they get a lot more information than I give! We have seen most of our bands more than once, some as many as five or six times! Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and Journey are probably our most seen. Secret, Pat Benatar is coming later in this series but the other ones I covered in 2017 when I did a similar A to Z theme. I'll be looking for your Steve Miller Band feature. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

      Delete
  3. Don't stress about the challenge - paid income is important - especially now. I'm a few ahead tonight but we can't always predict what might happen in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've already made peace with whatever happens. Thanks Wendy!

      Delete
  4. I see what you mean about needing to add something, if you don’t mind me saying. I initially saw Mickey Mouse:) I do totally know you will create something more to add in between your pictures. I can’t wait to see the finished product and love to see how well you can create these scenes with these stencils. I like the Steve Miller Band but never saw them, seen few to be honest

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!