Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Up Where We Belong

Very short post today because I only have one set of pictures that were taken a long time ago. 

"U" is for "Up Where We Belong" sung by Joe Cocker.  Joe was the opening act for Tom Petty the first time we saw him in 2010.  Ten years ago and sadly both of them have passed away.  Makes these pictures, terrible as they are, even more meaningful. 





It was a really good show.  Joe was a little less "twitchie" and dressed very nicely as opposed to the way he was in his earlier years but he didn't disappoint. 

That's it for "U."  I'll have a little better story for you tomorrow with "V."  See you then.






6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    You're going to think I am making this up, but I swear I'm not. There are countless thousands of songs that would have worked well as "anchor songs" in our week long NLP seminar workshops, but "Up Where We Belong" is indeed another that we used along with the two I mentioned the other day by Lionel Richie. I have seen An Officer and a Gentleman several times and never tire of it. If you liked Joe Cocker then I encourage you to watch the musical fantasy film Across the Universe featuring the songs of The Beatles. Joe Cocker appeared in the 2007 movie and sang lead on "Come Together." Across the Universe is must see for any Beatles fan. If you haven't yet seen it I also urge you to see the 2019 Beatles musical film Yesterday. Both movies are superb in my opinion.

    Yessum, it is a "heartbreaker" that both Tom Petty and Joe Cocker died since that evening you saw them perform at The Oracle. You took some great pictures to remember them by.

    Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Shady, almost nothing you say surprises me! I have seen the movie "Yesterday" and I agree it was a great movie. I think I've seen parts of "Across the Universe." I'll have to watch it again. I'm a little behind but about to go visit your Shady's Place post. Fortunately I have been doing some typing work. Cross your fingers that it keeps going! Much as I like to play in my studio and write blog posts, money is a necessary item. Have a marvelous day!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cool. I had forgotten how many songs he sings that I really like too.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to see both Cocker and Petty and have wonderful memories. Those are precious photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really got lucky with most of our concerts. There's only been about a handful that have been so-so.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!