Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Just Jot January - 2020 - OW

I don't know how she does it but Linda often picks the prompts that are just right for what's happening with me.  Today's "OW" is an example.

My right knee is misaligned as you can see from this X-ray.  It is a little off center and I had been having a problem with it being sore off and on for years.   


A few years ago I was going down the back steps in the dark and missed a step which caused a break in the kneecap.  The ER gave me this brace and crutches.  


I was graduated to this hinged knee brace after a while.  It was a pain in the butt.  Not being able to drive was the worst. 


My "ow" happened again the other day as I was coming out of the studio.  I was hurrying and was carrying my planner and my phone.  I stepped funny onto one of the stepping stones and fell, twisting my knee.  OW!  

I am pretty sure I didn't break my knee again because I've been putting heat on it at night and it is feeling better.  I've also been able to walk Benny and when I broke it before I couldn't have done that.  

I was almost more upset because my planner fell in the dirt and I didn't know if I could deal with a dirty planner for a year.  Fortunately I was able to clean it off enough.  My phone is a different story.  The screen protector cracked and I have to order a replacement.  Good thing we got the protection plan.  OW.  Thanks, Linda!  





4 comments:

  1. Oh Janet - what a pain (in so many ways!) Sorry about your poor knee and your phone cover - but good news about the planner. Hopefully you've now gotten your bad stuff out of the way for 2020 and the good stuff can start to roll in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this. Hope the knee is feeling better by now and your new screen protector gets to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knee is better and got a notice the protector is on the way! Thanks for the good thoughts, Wendy.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!