Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - ABBA

We're off to the races, folks.  Today marks the beginning of the Great A to Z Challenge for 2020.  I hope you are as excited as I am.  There are over 450 bloggers who are signed up to write this month.  I have a notebook ready because I am sure there are going to be a ton of interesting things I'll want to keep track of.

As I mentioned in my Theme Reveal, I am going to get some concert scrapbooking done.  We've been to over 100 shows and I am very behind with my albums so using the challenge will help me catch up a bit.  Since the virus restrictions and our finances are probably going to keep us away from concerts this year it will also be fun to relive the experiences.  Here we go!

The Mama Mia movies brought the music of ABBA to everyone's attention and when I saw that "ABBA, The Concert" was going to be at the Mountain Winery I knew my husband wouldn't be interested so I asked the girls if they wanted to see it with me.  I was happy that they both said yes.

When scrapbooking, the first thing I need to get is paper to match the pictures.  We've already determined that I am a paper addict so I have a lot of choices.  I really loved this collection called Twilight Jewels from Paper Wishes, one of my favorite companies to buy from.


When I put the pictures down on top of the sheets, they seemed to go really well. 



There were some moon shapes and mystical looking elements on the papers and I remembered I had some Dazzle stickers that matched.



Once I have the papers picked out I put the pictures in some kind of order.  Sometimes I go by how the concert progressed and sometimes I just go by the colors and what seems to go together.  I always start with a title page or two that show the "who, what, where and when" details.  I don't make anything permanent yet.  I want to make sure everything fits together.   



I found some alphabet "thickers" that really matched the color scheme for the title.  I used the parking receipt for the name of the venue.  Notice I moved it from the right page to the left.   
For the second page I added the view from our seats and the date.  Don't we look like we're having fun?   Yes, we had drinks in the parking lot before we went in and drinks after we got in, it was Girls night after all. 
Notice the moon sticker on this page that matches the one on the first page.


I knew I was going to have a lot of pictures to try and fit on some of the pages so I used the Wildflower template from Creative Memories.  It is fun to make a puzzle out of the pictures.  










This is what it looks like when the template is removed.


 I added some Dazzle stickers as detail across the top.


I think it matches pretty well with the paper on the next page.  I used the same template but changed the shapes a bit.


There was one of the original ABBA musicians touring with the group.


Another staple from every concert is the set list.  Most of the time it is from the actual show.  I get it from SetList.com.  If I can, I pull a setlist from the most recent show to bring with us so we know what songs are coming up.  That helps when I want to make sure to take certain pictures or (shhh - a video).  


I happened to have a paper flower that was the exact same shading as the one on the tag so I put it on top to add dimension. Also, the blue button in the center reminded me of the hat on the singer in blue. 


"ABBA, The Concert" was the only act that night but they did take an intermission so there were two set lists and lots of changes of clothes.  


The silver "arrow" that points to the second set list matches the one pointing to the first, above.


I colored in the Dazzle sticker to match the colors on the page.


To make the "take a bow" I used my Slice machine and added some decorative ribbon across the top to match the next page.  The strings coming down are more Dazzles.     


The last page shows the empty venue.  I think it is pretty cool looking.  The girls are walking ahead of me and I know they are wondering if I'm okay to drive home after having those drinks you saw in the beginning. - LOL - I was.


The moon in the center is a picture I took of the moon that night.  


Here is how the spreads look as they are in the album.  I am really happy with the way it turned out.







Hope you enjoyed the first of the concerts.  I will say that I am a Creative Memories consultant so the link I have provided is to my site, in case you are interested.  I will have other links to products I used throughout the series, not all of which I am affiliated with but they are definitely products I like.  Also, if you like my style and you have pictures you would like made into an album, I am available for that!  Come back tomorrow and see who the "B" concert is about.   


















12 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I have been an ABBA fan ever since the release of their "Waterloo" single. Over the years I have collected their vinyl records, CDs and DVDs. You did a marvelous job of arranging the pictures taken the night you and your girls attended that ABBA tribute show. The layouts are beautiful and tastefully done, preserving those happy memories in fine fashion. It's interesting that one of the original band members played on stage with the act. The singers' costumes resembled those worn by the original ABBA women. What can you tell me about the actual performances? Did they sound like ABBA?

    Congratulations on getting off to a great start on your 2020 A to Z run, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend! Yes, they absolutely sounded like ABBA. I did take a few snippets of video but I was moving to the music so much that I didn't bother to include them here. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Pretty details and embellishments!
    If you want to join the fun and link here, I try to gather all the AtoZ Challengers in one place, easier than the master list: A to Z Challengers Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet!

    Commenting on your Blogger post as Wordpress is not letting me comment at the moment.

    Have I mentioned that I'm jealous of all the concerts you've seen? Living in Idaho, I have to travel to see the good concerts. when I lived in Oregon, I got to see quite a few. But now I am back in Idaho and it's slim pickins again.

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle - #AtoZChallenge: A
    #AtoZChallenge: Abby's Promise by Rebekah Dodson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making the effort to comment here, Mary. I am hoping that reliving these shows will give me the concert fix I need this year. Are you doing two A to Z's? Wow!

      Delete
  4. I love, love, love ABBA and saw these same people twice, in concert. It takes guts to wear those Voulez Vous outfits. I really love the mystical papers which goes well with ABBA's outfits. I love the stickers as well. You created some great scrapbooking pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. It was a great show and there were lots of costume changes! They really do a good job with the whole presentation don't they?

      Delete
  5. You do such beautiful work! I haven't been to very many concerts so it will be fun to follow along and enjoy the concerts through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trudy. We didn't go to many either until around 2007 or so. Then we started to make up for lost time!

      Delete
  6. Great start. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!