Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Theme Reveal


Theme Reveal #AtoZChallenge 2020 badge
In bloglandia it is almost time for the great A to Z Challenge of 2020.  For those of you unfamiliar with that, a group (sometimes very large group) get together and use the month of April to highlight the letters of the alphabet.  It seemed to me that last year was a bit smaller than past years, even though it was the 10 year anniversary.  I still had fun and am planning to join in again this year, my 5th.

In 2016 my theme was music.  Here's the link to that recap post where all the letters are listed.  In 2017 I did a music theme again but this time I incorporated my concert scrapbook album and showcased all the bands we had actually seen.  In 2018 I got away from the music and did an A to Z tour of a Michaels Arts and Crafts store where I happened to be working at the time.  Last year I used crafting again and the theme was all the different kinds of cards and mini-albums I make.   

I've decided that for this year's challenge I'm going back to the theme I used in 2017 and work on my concert album.  I figured out I can do another whole A to Z without duplicating any of the bands I used the last time!  Do you realize that means we've been to at least 52 different concerts?  Actually I know we've been to over 100 because I counted them.  If we include comedians and plays like Rock of Ages and Jersey Boys it is about 116!  There are some bands like Journey, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac that we've seen three or four times each.  As in 2017 I may take the liberty of using a song title instead of the group name but you know there are a couple tricky letters we have to deal with. 

As far as the scrapbooking part, I definitely have enough supplies to use.


Binder full of embellishments.
Stamps and stickers, papers.


And more papers and tidbits.



I'm looking forward to using a lot of different types of tools too. 

Punches

My Slice machine
I have a specific Music and Dance design cartridge that should come in handy.




Also, some templates to help me add a lot of pictures in fun ways.



I already have one whole album finished that goes from 1982 to 2009.  We didn't see that many concerts until around 2006 when we started going to multiple shows a year.


The first page looks like this:


It's pretty full, although in the beginning my pictures weren't that good and some shows I didn't even get pictures for, so just the information and ticket stubs are there.  




These are albums in progress if you will.  When we see a concert, I take the ticket stubs and any other bits of information like a review of the show or the set list and put them in a plastic sleeve as a place holder.  All of these are filled with those sleeves.  Some have completed pages from the 2017 A to Z and I am really looking forward to filling some more this year.

If blogging through the alphabet sounds like a fun idea, feel free to come on along!  The more the merrier.  I have learned so many interesting things from the different blog themes.  The sign up link is here.  Even if you don't want to do your own posts, I hope you follow along with me! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I am excited for you are you prepare to take the A to Z Challenge again this year. This will be my first year following you and I will do my best to be here. I need to let you know at the outset, however, that the month of April will be a busy one for me. Mrs. Shady's son, who lives with us, does not have a license and I will need to drive him to a series of doctor appointments in April. In addition, Mrs. Shady and I will also need to drive across the state so that she can have cataract surgery performed on April 6 with a follow-up exam the next day and another check-up a week after that. We will be staying in a hotel in another city so that she can make it to those appointments, making it difficult for me to maintain my blog visiting routine. Therefore please understand that I will be late or absent a few days during April. I will come here to see you as often as I can.

    I am impressed by your scrapbooks and albums. All that concert going in recent years is paying off with a wealth of material for you to use for the A to Z. I look forward to it. As I mentioned in my reply to your comment on SPMM today, this viral outbreak threatens to cramp your style and prevent you, your hubby and your daughters from getting out to as many live shows are you would ordinarily see.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet, and try to make the best of it as you "shelter in place."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a busy April buddy. Hope that your stepson is okay and that the surgery goes well for Mrs. Shady. I hope I'm not going to bore people with my scrapbooking but maybe since we are all stuck at home it will be something pretty to look at. Thanks for stopping by and I won't worry too much if I don't see you around. :)

      Delete
  2. Great theme, I loved the cards you made last year, let's go for a new adventure ;)
    My AtoZ Reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frederique! I agree, adventures are good.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!