Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Rocktober Music Fest - 2019 - and other October Oddities - The Fab Four

I am going with The Fab Four for today's Rocktober Music Fest.  I wish that I had been able to see the real Beatles but I was not of concert going age at the time.  Plus, pretty sure even if I was old enough my parents wouldn't have let me go. 

Anyway, making up for that we've seen The Fab Four a few times now and they really do a great job of impersonating John, Paul, George and Ringo.  




They even have someone to come out and address the crowd pretending to be Ed Sullivan.  He is pretty funny and has the movements of Mr. Sullivan down very well. 


Then the Fab Four come on stage and sing the songs they sang on that first appearance.  The girls scream.  Everyone sings along - you just can't help it.    






For each set they change their clothes and dress as the Beatles did when they sang those songs. 


My favorite has to be the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band set.  



I just love the bright colors in these costumes.  



I also have to say that this is one group who encourages picture taking during the show.  They hang around after each performance to sign autographs too.  Kinda cool.  If you get a chance to see them I'd highly recommend it for a trip back to "the good old days." 

Here's some Sgt. Peppers for you.  Check out "Ed Sullivan."



Playing along with the Stream of Consciousness Saturday group too, where the prompt for today is "dress."  Congrats again to Shelley for winning the badge contest.


    Rocktober MusicFest

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    The Fab Four put on, as Ed Sullivan would say, "a really big shoe!" :) I enjoyed the video clip. While they didn't capture the exact sound of The Beatles, I enjoyed their singing, musicianship and costumes and liked the fact that they didn't speed up the tempo of the original songs. One of my pet peeves about live concerts is that the artist or cover band often sings the songs too fast in order to get more into their show. The Fab Four didn't make that mistake and I applaud them. I also appreciate them for allowing picture taking and video recording during their shows and for hanging around to sign autographs and chat with their fans. That shows a lot of class.

    Thanks for this entertaining post, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shady! I also appreciate that they are actually singing the songs themselves, not lip synching to canned music. I agree that sometimes the live shows seem like they are sped up. We had that experience with Journey a few times. No matter how many songs they fit into the show, you can always think of a song or two you would have liked to hear. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I would love this. I wasn't quite old enough to go to New York and see the Beatles, but what a memory that would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They are better than the guys who do "Rain," which is another tribute to the Beatles, in our opinion.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!