Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October Oddities - 2019 - The one where I almost lost my wedding rings!

On Sunday our daughters and I went to see the last game of the San Francisco Giants season.  Sadly this year they didn't quite make it to the playoffs although for a brief minute around July we thought they might squeak in via the wild card.  It was a particularly emotional game, not only because it was the end of the season but also because our manager, Bruce Bochy, is retiring and we are unsure of the future of our beloved pitcher, Madison Bumgarner.




Our youngest and her friends made signs to show their appreciation and actually made it to the big screen a few times and also in a SF Chronicle pictorial.  That was so cool.  Our daughter is the one under the "Thank."




The stands were packed of course and I knew that there were going to be a lot of people we knew at the game as well.  Turns out there were some friends sitting behind us about 10 rows.  I stood up and turned around to wave at them to get their attention.  I guess I was waving a bit too vigorously because all of a sudden my wedding rings flew off my hand!




Fortunately they landed in the lap of the guy sitting right behind me so I didn't lose them!  At first he tried to joke and say that he was going to keep them and then I told him I had had them for 35 years so he gave them back.  I got a pat on the shoulder and a congrats for the 35 years too!





I guess losing 50 pounds means that some of the weight came off my fingers!  Looks like I'll have to get the rings resized but I want to wait a bit because I'm hoping to lose another 40 and I don't want to have to do it twice.  Maybe before next season starts? 






For now, I've used some pretty silver washi tape to wrap around the band to help keep them on.  You can't even tell, right?




Just one of those things that you don't really think much about until something like this happens.  Meanwhile, I'm not really a football fan (although I like the Cowboys for their uniforms) so I'm going to give hockey a try.  We started watching the San Jose Sharks toward the end of last year and it was pretty exciting. 



For those of you whose baseball teams did make the playoffs, good luck and please BEAT LA! (and the Yankees).   


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Thanks for brightening my day with your visit to Shady's Place, my friend. I was very happy to see you! What a stroke of luck that your rings landed safely in the lap of the man behind you instead of flying off into the crowd where you might never have found them. Good luck reaching your weight loss goal. You will need to keep adding more and more of that silver tape as you go along. :)

    It took me until the late 70s to get interested in hockey. When I finally did, I became a big fan of the sport.

    Have a wonderful week, dear Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shady. I was so surprised that they flew off so easily as I didn't even realize they were loose. I would have been devastated if they had really gone far. I'm not sure I understand all the ins and outs of hockey but it is certainly a fast paced game. Have a great week yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!