Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Rocktober Music Fest - 2019 and other October Oddities

Today for the Rocktober Music Fest I'm going with Cher.  At 73 years old she is still going strong.  We saw her in 2014 and I thought it was a great show.  She looks terrific and has so much energy.  Of course, I don't know what she's like when she's off the stage and maybe she shows her age then but clearly there is no hiding things with the costumes she wears! 










 

She even joked about still being able to get into the outfit she wore in "If I Could Turn Back Time":



The reason I picked Cher and this particular song today is because I had my annual GYN exam yesterday and the first thing the doctor said to me was "This is the last time you need to have a pap smear."  What?  Apparently after you hit 65 (coming in March for me) you don't need to have this exam anymore!  Who knew? 

So, while there may be times I think about what it would be like to "turn back time" and be "young" again, there are definite benefits to getting older!  Also, good news, my blood pressure was normal the first time (I have "white coat syndrome" and usually they have to take my blood pressure twice) AND their records show I have lost 20 pounds since my visit in June (it is actually 60 since my all time high weight).  Maybe I am turning back time a bit! 

Happy Wednesday everyone. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!