Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"L" is for Lynyrd Skynyrd.  This is a band that I really didn't pay much attention to when I was younger but actually like a lot of their songs.  We've seen them twice, both at the Mountain Winery - yes, we do go to other venues!  I scrapbooked the first time from July 2008 a while ago.  It was actually one of the first few shows we went to.



We even had old-fashioned tickets!


Believe it or not these are pictures from my phone which was a really old flip style!  


The "Welcome to the Winery" pamphlet said no cameras permitted but now I realize they mean no "professional" cameras and no flash.  Back then I still followed the rules. 




Forward to October 6, 2012 for our second show.  We were farther back and to the side of the stage a bit but the pictures are a little better.  The paper is another collection that I've had forever.  I think it is from Creative Memories.   



I used chalk around the edges of the title to make it stand out a bit. 


They had a pretty good setlist, performing most of their hits, 16 songs.  



I had this punch that fit perfectly around a couple of the smaller pictures. 


I made it look like a flower on the paper.  


I put black and blue Stickles borders around them.


I like the way the page turned out.  I added the butterfly over the one printed on the page and popped it up with some foam dots to make it 3-D.



There are only three pages to this layout but I'm okay with that too.  Not every concert is going to have a million pictures or pages.  




The pictures may not be so great but here is Free Bird as we saw it.



Okay, really now, this is as far as I have gotten with new scrapbooking.  I do have some groups that I've made pages for but for the rest of the alphabet it's going to be a little hit and miss.  I've gotten some typing work in, which is a great thing financially so that has to come first!  















5 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy "L Day, dear friend!

    Southern rock isn't my strong suit, and apparently I don't know the songs in Lynyrd Skynyrd's set list nearly as well as you guys do, nor do I own any of their albums. I can only play in my head three or four of their hit singles including "Free Bird," featured in your clip at the end. I'm sure if I heard their album tracks and B sides I'd like them just as much as their major hits.

    Yessum, your old camera took great pictures of the tickets from the 2008 show, and you collected many more excellent shots when you saw Skynyrd again at the Winery a few years later. I like what you did here to showcase the band in your scrapbook. The flower pattern with pics of members playing their guitars within the cutout looks fantastic, and I appreciate the butterflies and the tomato soup red background. I can imagine how satisfying it is for you to page through your rock concert scrapbooks and have a thousand happy memories flash through your mind. Think of all the other people who attended the same shows you and your hubby did that have no tangible evidence of those experiences. I laud you for putting lots of time and effort into preserving your memories.

    I'm happy to know that you have some income producing typing work to do while you're sheltering. Enjoy your day and stay well, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again my friend. I was happy with the way that "flower" turned out and may try it again on other pages. I think that's another good point about both having to shelter in place and doing the A to Z as a scrapbook challenge, I am going through items I've had in my stash for years but rarely used. It is forcing me to "be creative" if you will. Back to work now! Have a great rest of your day - which actually is probably closer to evening in your part of the world!

      Delete
  2. Huh. I wouldn't have known about the distinction between professional cameras and flash versus whatever regular ones. TIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the premise is people with professional cameras a) would be in the way and b) the pictures might be sold without permission. I may take pictures when I'm not supposed to but I don't sell them anywhere.

      Delete
  3. Bummer because I never saw them but, I bet, my brother did, I like your set yo once again. The scrapbook pages are a great way to showcase anything you love to do. I love the old tickets and have saved many of min

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!