Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Kiss On My List

Starting our third week of the A to Z and my "K" is for "Kiss on My List" by Hall and Oates.  I was really excited to see this concert because the songs of Hall and Oates remind me of my single days living in my own apartment.  My favorites are "Kiss on My List" and "Maneater." 

Sadly, this show did not live up to my/our expectations.  In fact, it is one of the very few concerts we have actually left before the end, sort of.  We left our seats and went to stand on the upper walkway for the last song.

Perhaps because the experience was not as exciting as I would have liked, I didn't take much time in the scrapbooking of it either.  These papers are already printed with spots for the pictures so all I had to do was fill them in. 



I do like the way this first page came out though, and it is one of the better pictures of my hubby and I.  Instead of the actual "tickets" which are not real tickets anyway I just wrote where we were sitting under the picture.  


The setlist that was entered on Setlist.FM for this show had to be incorrect because it only gave 9 songs and I know they did more than that because they were the only group performing that nigh.  I used a "generic" setlist from the average of what they did in 2011.  I'm thinking they added some newer songs that we didn't recognize and that's why we weren't enthused.  I remember having to wait what seemed like a long time to hear "Kiss on My List."  Also, Daryl Hall spent a lot of time talking about himself and pushing his hair out of his eyes.  It was kind of distracting. 


On top of that, our seats were off to the side and my camera was the old one so pictures came out iffy.  


The bottom line is I've given myself permission to let this one be and move on to the next one.  I will remember the show well enough with this, no reason to waste good supplies.  LOL, sorry Hall and Oates. 






Would we see them again?  Maybe but for sure I wouldn't spend a lot of money on tickets and I'd check the setlist carefully before buying them.  Thanks for coming along on my A to Z journey.  Hope you have had time to visit some of the other wonderful folks out there.  I've been reading some really interesting posts.  See you tomorrow.
























8 comments:

  1. I never had a desire to see this group and you made me laugh about Daryl fiddling with his hair. Hopefully, if you see 5wm again, it will be better. Another nice scrapbook page(s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. He just seemed really full of himself for some reason and that hair thing, my goodness.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    When I saw the title of your "K" post I first thought you were doing some word play and that you were going to shine the spotlight on the band Kiss. I could have done a post on Kiss today because I saw their show at a Tampa Bay venue in January 1986. Prior to the performance my film crew went backstage to their dressing room where we watched the guys do their hair and make-up. We gained an interview with their little drummer Eric Carr. Sadly Eric had a bad heart and died only a few years later.

    I'm surprised to learn that you and your hubby didn't enjoy the show put on at the Winery by Daryl Hall and John Oates. It would have bothered me too if Daryl wasted time talking about himself. Did the duo at least sing and play well, or did they phone it in? Checking the set list, it looks like they performed most or all of their major chart hits. Did you not like the show because they filled time with too many other songs that were unfamiliar? I suppose having less desirable seats for the concert also detracted from your enjoyment. Regardless I think you collected some good pictures of the event and put together attractive scrapbook pages. I'm sorry you guys didn't see a better show that night, especially if the tickets were pricey.

    Have a safe and enjoyable day and a great week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Shady! I have never been a big Kiss fan. I think their makeup scared me - LOL. Cool that you got to see them getting ready though. I still like Hall and Oates songs and they played well that night, but I know they added some newer songs that I wasn't familiar with. Thank goodness we got the "second level" seats that night so I didn't feel like I had spent a lot of money for a poor show. Have a wonderful Monday, buddy!

      Delete
  3. What a shame about the concert and I think you're right that your lack of enthusiasm is reflected in the scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, compared to some of the other pages I've made right?

      Delete
  4. You mean K isn't just for Kiss? We're not getting a story about you running off with Gene Simmons? ;)
    Neat looking scrap pages!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!