Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Boston

Hope you enjoyed yesterday's ABBA show.  Today we have Boston which is a group I've wanted to see for a while and I was surprised to see they were at the Mountain Winery. Being part of the "Loyalty Club" is so helpful to get advanced tickets in good seats.

I can't remember the name of this set of papers but isn't it gorgeous? I was happy that they went with the pictures so well.





Instead of trying to place the pictures in order of the songs, I went more by what pictures looked better on what backgrounds. 




Getting the first few pages laid out is sometimes the hardest part.  




For the title I decided to use these plain white "thickers" (called that because they are not flat but rather about 2 or 3 mm thick).  They are actually sticky on both sides so I used some glitter to color them.




I put the letters I needed on some clear old packaging material and then sprinkled the glitter on top.





We were with our friends Paul and Amy for this show but we weren't able to have seats together.  I did get their attention and a wave.  Pretty good zoom on my camera, huh?  I outlined the title with black pen to make it stand out more.




Since I put a background mat on the photos on the first page, I decided to write the names of the band members on the mats I used for the second page.  I must confess that I am pretty bad about that most of the time.  I know the bands and a few of the artists but I don't know every person in every group and I don't always put their names in the scrapbooking. 







Pretty simple page here, but they all look so intense that I thought the "In the Moment" was appropriate and the little camera sticker fit.



This time I cut apart the set list I had printed and used that to list the songs.  





I like to catch the finger movements on the guitar players.  Sometimes they go so fast, all there is is a blur.  The 3-D guitar actually has strings.



I also try to get at least one picture of everyone in the band.  More 3-D embellishments to balance it out.  




Sometimes the pictures can tell what the song was.  This was "Smokin."  I don't know if I actually figured that out until I was putting this page together.  An added perk of scrapbooking the show!




The equipment to the side of the stage looked really interesting with all the lights on the panels.



I love when the performers stand together as they play.  I really think they do that so we can take their picture.  




Another template used, this one from Lea France.  I have quite a few of her stencils. 




To fill in some of the gaps, I used scraps from some of photos I had cut off.  



The top and bottom frame piece in the center are those scraps.  Bet you couldn't tell they didn't belong to that shot.  




Note the "Gonggg" is the same arrow that I used above for "Smokin" only reversed.  Made it using my Slice machine.  




Here they are as they look in the album.  Once again, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  









This time I have a video to share.  Boston sings the song "Amanda" which is our daughter's name so I recorded that for her.




So there you have the Boston concert.  Did you enjoy it?  Come back tomorrow for "C."  


Copyright note:  All rights to the song, "Amanda" to the band.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I had a feeling you'd choose Boston as your B band. In fact, it was MORE than a feeling. (See what I did there? :) :) :)

    I can't get over the excellent job you did of capturing pictures of the band in action on stage along with the shot of your friends in the audience and the venue itself. Then you completed your labor of love by artfully arranging the pictures in your scrapbook. They really pop. I did some scrapbooking in the years before I began blogging. I found it very satisfying to see how attractively and creatively I could compose text, pictures and other elements on the page. Clearly you derive the same satisfaction from your books. I looked it up and found that the single "Amanda" was released in September 1986, and I read an interesting piece of trivia. It is a rare example of a song released in the 80s or later that reached the top of the chart without the support of a music video. Any chance your daughter is named after that Boston song?

    You have a great series going here, dear friend Janet. "C" you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Shady. You really take the time to look at the whole post and that means a lot. It is my absolute passion to make these albums. I am kind of enjoying the fact that I am using supplies that have been in my collection for years too. It is interesting that you mentioned September of 1986 as the release date for the song. Our daughter was born in August of that year so while she wasn't named after the song, I've always considered it "her" song. She thinks it's the best song ever written - LOL. Really she was kind of named after Amanda Blake, the actress who was Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke. Again, thanks for your kind words my friend.

      Delete
  2. Amanda is a beautiful name. I don't know this group, so I'm glad youadd a video! Great job for this scrapbooking album, love the little guitar ;)
    Quilting Patchwork & Appliqué

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frederique. I love the name we picked for our daughter. I don't have videos for all of the posts but I have managed to get a few.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Will you be using a different template for each concert? I didn't realize there were so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Trudy, there are SO many templates out there. I do have quite a few so will be using different ones but not necessarily for each concert. Some shows I don't have that many pictures for and sometimes the templates don't fit with the photos.

      Delete
  4. Wow Janet...what a super job you did both in sharing and putting it all together. Makes me want to scrapbook instead of weave. Very inspiring. The Bands need you to do their layouts for advertising! Loved seeing all of this.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I was thinking about sharing it with the bands if they have a Facebook page or something. LOL

      Delete
  5. You should definitely share your work with the bands. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stencils confuse me and I could just see me cut something the wrong way but you have it down to a great science. I love the Color combos and everything fist well. I love Boston..great song!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!