Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2021

Now in November…

So I’m starting November off with a plan to participate in the Ultimate Blog Challenge which really just means that I’m going to post every day in November. Do I even have that much to talk about? There is no theme although the organizer, Paul Taubman, sends out an email every day with some ideas. Today’s idea was to tell about the Ultimate Blog Challenge and why you are doing it.

I am doing the blog challenge for a couple reasons. One is that right now my transcription business is kind of slow so I have some extra time – not much but a little. Rather than just sit and play games (or clean house) I decided blogging would be a good idea. Also, I really am serious about getting more people to see my craft work and hopefully build my online presence in general. Plus, just as with the A to Z, by participating in the UBC, I will get a chance to meet some new bloggers since part of the process is to visit other people and leave comments.

Now that the explanation is out of the way, here are some cards I’ve been making for the shop for the upcoming holidays.

It is just the basic card right now because I was putting them together as I was watching the World Series and that means I have to bring things in the house from the studio since I can’t stream the game out there for some reason (probably Fox network blocking it). Now I have about 30 cards that I need to add a few details to and then post them. Stay tuned!

What are your plans for November? Do you send out Christmas cards? If you do send cards, do you prefer them blank inside so you can write your own message or would you rather have a sentiment inside? Just curious. See you tomorrow!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/11/01/now-in-november/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy November, dear friend! I hope you and Benny had a fun-filled Halloween. H-ween was my dog Toto's favorite night of the year. Every fright night, all evening long, she would be glued to the front window, paws on the sill like Benny does, watching the trick-or-treat kids passing by on the road and coming up our sidewalk to ring the front doorbell. Toto would sit in the window barking her head off, but it was an excited bark, not an angry one. We could tell because her stubby little tail was wagging a mile a minute. I miss Toto so much!

    It's nice to see you rolling out your cards for sale for the holidays. I especially like the one with various colored bulbs on it. Colored lights are a beautiful sight strung on the tree and across the fireplace mantel. I wish you great success in marketing your cards and crafts at your shop and at area venues during the remaining weeks of the year.

    Since your goal in taking part in another month long blog hop is to attract new followers and potential customers, I'm going to visit you and comment on your latest post whenever I publish a new post at Shady's Place rather than drop by every single day. I figure if you can take time to reciprocate and visit and comment on my weekly posts, it will be a reasonable pace for both of us.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Shady! Thanks so much for stopping by. I do appreciate your visits but don't expect you to come by every single day for sure! We only had one set of trick or treaters last night (I think 3 kids total). Benny barked his head off too. He is such a good watchdog. I can understand how you would miss your Toto. I never had a dog before but know now that I'd miss Benny if he were gone.

      Thanks for the good wishes on my crafty adventures. I have to get over the fact that if I want to sell things I have to promote them. It's the hardest part for me. Again, thanks for your positive thoughts here always. See you at Shady's Place!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your post! I've done the A to Z post three times but I've not participated in the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Good luck! Your cards are beautiful. We send out a lot of cards but I usually do a photo card of our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by. Last year we did photos of our family too. I usually use the picture we take on Thanksgiving - LOL. Hoping I can keep up with the UBC. The A to Z is a bit easier because I draft a lot of posts first. Maybe I'll try that with this challenge too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on joining UBC - I agree that challenges like this are a great way to meet other bloggers.
    Love your cards. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Now I just hope I can keep it going. I have a scrapbook getaway this weekend so I'm going to attempt to get some posts drafted for while I'm away.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!