Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Now in November…

Day Two of the Ultimate Blog Challenge has us introducing ourselves. Since there may be some people stopping by who might not know about me, I’ll say a little bit. Instead of lots of pictures, I’m going to link to past posts so you can go visit them if you want to see more. I’m running out of space on WP and may have to think about paying for more. At any rate here’s 10 things:

  • I have lived my entire life (almost 68 years) in a 10 mile radius from where I was born.
  • I’ve been married twice but the first one was only 6 months and the second one has been 37 years.
  • I have 3 sisters and all our names start with the letter “J.”
  • I worked in medical offices for 21 years and have been working from home doing transcription for the last 21 years.
  • My first job was at the local public library as a page.
  • I don’t travel much but have been to Alaska, Oregon and Nevada.
  • I love scrapbooking and card making and especially love making mini-albums or custom made scrapbooks.
  • We have been to well over 100 concerts and I am scrapbooking them.
  • I had surgery on my jaw and my mouth was wired shut for 6 weeks. My daughter has to have the same surgery.
  • I love to read.

And speaking of reading, when we were coming home from our visit to Oregon last week, they had a little share-library and I picked up a book I have been wanting to read called “The Chain” by Adrian McKinty.

The premise of the book is that a little girl is kidnapped and in order for the mother to get her back, she needs to pay a ransom AND kidnap another child. Once that family has paid their ransom AND kidnapped another child, her daughter will be returned to her, keeping the chain going. With 3 kids of my own I cannot imagine what it would be like to go through something like that. In addition, reading how the woman decides what other child to kidnap (because you know she does) she uses things like Facebook and Instagram to get background information on people, noting what they post about their lives and their schedules. It is kinda scary. I haven’t finished the book yet but I am at the part where the woman has gotten her daughter back and is now trying to find a way to break the chain, although she has been warned that once you are a link in the chain, it’s never over for you. Makes a person think about what kind of personal information they should be posting, doesn’t it? Have you read the book? Any other books to recommend? Did you learn something new about me?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/11/02/now-in-november-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!