Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Now in November…

I missed a few days in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and I was surprised to get a message from a fellow blogging friend through FB asking if everything was okay. It really made me feel loved. Thanks Tamara!

In point of fact, I was out having a blast with some fellow memory keepers, including my best friend from high school. It was a weekend long event hosted by Karen Siegel Fitting, Associate Executive Ambassador for Forever.com, which is a photo storage and organizing platform. There was some great instruction on how to use the Artisan program in digital scrapbooking, although I was one of two who were doing it the old fashioned way with actual papers and embellishments. I can’t get into digital scrapbooking and truthfully this weekend didn’t change my mind (sorry Karen). I like to touch and feel and move things around without right clicking this and dragging that. In addition, the Artisan program does not work with Macs and I’m an Apple girl only.

In any case, there were 10 of us who met in Sonora (not to be confused with Sonoma), California. We stayed at the historic old Sonora Inn. The hotel rooms were not great but the conference room was fine and they served a nice breakfast.

I took some of my concert photos to work on and here are a few of the final results – Roseanne Barr, I finished a Bob Seger concert I had started during the A to Z a couple years ago and the first Rain performance we saw.

In total I did 12 layouts and finished 5 shows. A couple of them, like Roseann, only had one or two pages since the photos I had were pretty bad. My phone camera was not very good and we were not supposed to be taking pictures so I had to sneak them.

The prompt for the Blogging Challenge today is “Where would you like to go?” Over the weekend Karen was talking about a four day scrapbook cruise! While the idea of a cruise devoted to scrapbooking is very appealing, I’m pretty sure that won’t go over very well with my husband. We’ve never been on a cruise before so I think the first one has to be someplace he will enjoy too. Now if they made a golf/scrapbooking cruise that might be a different story! Hopefully I can get back on track with the posting. Do you like the idea of digital scrapbooking? Need a place to keep and organize all your photos? Looking to make some gifts for Christmas? Forever has a way to do that too.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/11/09/now-in-november-5/

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janet!

    I absolutely agree with you about digital scrapbooking. The old school method might be more time consuming, but the tactile experience is much more satisfying. Even the aroma coming from the materials as you work with them is an important aspect, a natural high, if you will.

    I'm happy to learn that you spent a weekend at a hotel comparing notes with nine other like-minded women including your high school bestie. I admire your layouts of the memory-making nights you went to see Roseanne, Bob Seger the Rain Beatles Tribute show in your area. I'm sure you would have a great time on that four day scrapbook cruise. I hope you can work out a compromise of some sort with your hubby.

    It's great to see you again, dear friend Janet. Benny's at the window, so I'd
    better close now and let you attend to his business. :) Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. I used to take my scrapbooking things with me when we went on our golf tournament getaway so I know the two can go together. I was happy to get some of these events out of the way since it is more fun to scrap good photos than bad ones. LOL the aroma. I can only imagine what the layouts would look like if I tried to do them in an altered state (although we did have a few cocktails during our weekend)! Thanks for stopping by dear Shady.

      Delete
  2. A golfing-scrapbooking cruise sounds like the perfect combination to me!
    Your layouts here are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. These are very simple since most of the photos are not that great but at least I am making progress. I used to bring my scrapbooking with me when we went on our golf tournament every year but then I was working on the tournament scrapbook. It's a lot of stuff to cart around LOL

      Delete
  3. I love old school scrapbooking but haven't done it in years due to working full time again. I've made a few books on snapfish. I should check out Forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out Forever. Karen is a wonderful resource. So helpful and really knows her stuff.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!