Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Oh My! Now it’s October…

Just got back from a short trip to visit the mom-in-law in Oregon. Truly blessed to have longevity at least in the women of our families. Hubby’s mom is 96 and mine is 98! Both have their medical issues but are still getting up every morning. Flying is always fun and it was nice to be able to spend a few days just sitting and doing pretty much nothing but talking and watching TV. Well, the watching TV part was kinda hard for me because you know I can’t just sit still for that but I had some magazines to skim through and a book to read. Still, I think mom enjoyed having the company. We don’t get up there very often.

We did just recently get a United Mileage Plus credit card (don’t ask me why we didn’t do it sooner) and that entitled us to a once a year pass into the United Club. That was pretty cool. Also, while it was pretty chilly in Oregon and it did rain a bit, back home there was a torrential downpour with streets flooding and cars getting stuck. Poor Benny didn’t even want to go out in the rain to go potty! Always fun to see the clouds from the plane.

Now it is time to get to work in the Etsy shop getting ready for the upcoming holiday boutiques. I did get this kind review from someone who bought 10 (!) cards recently.

I’m going to attempt the Ultimate Blog Challenge next month so hope you don’t mind hearing from me a little more often than I have been. I’m going to try drafting some posts in advance and see if that makes it easier. Halloween is coming. Are you ready? We haven’t gotten candy yet and I don’t decorate since the kids are all grown and I don’t like dusting – LOL.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/10/28/oh-my-now-its-october-3/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I envy you, dear friend. Your mother and your hubby's mom have been blessed with long lives. My mother died way back in 1995 at the age of 76, not much older than I am now. I miss her every day.

    This trip you guys took to Oregon, is it the first time you have flown since the pandemic lockdown? Ha - your method of watching TV reminds me of Mrs. Shady. She simply can't just sit there and watch the screen. In fact, she rarely looks up at it because she needs to have her hands, eyes and mind occupied on crocheting or other crafting. In other words, she experiences every television show as a radio show. :) As a former TV producer and director, I am glued to the set, dissecting the art of the production, camera techniques, editing, etc.

    I'm sorry you had flooding back home while you were in Oregon. Did one of your daughters dogsit Benny at your house? We had torrential rain here in our part of Florida today, apparently ushering in a cool front. Both the moisture and the cooler temps are welcome. The coolest we are expecting Saturday night into Sunday morning is 55 degrees. That's a far cry from the 39 degree low up there in Oregon.

    Congratulations on making a big sale on Etsy and for receiving such a favorable review. Feedback like that carries a lot of weight and influences many potential customers when they read that your items exceeded the buyer's expectations.

    Thank you very much for visiting Shady's Place today. You are a valued friend. Have a nice Friday and a safe and happy weekend, dear Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi buddy. Yes, our son and daughter were home to walk, feed and play with Benny while we were gone. You are like my husband, watching every show for the mistakes they make. Sometimes that drives me crazy because if we are watching a movie he has to stop, rewind, point out the mistake and then go on. I'd rather just "watch" the whole thing through. Of course then he gets frustrated with me for "not paying attention." Good thing we've been married so long - LOL

      It is the first time I have flown since the pandemic but hubby went up in July so he was used to it. Our flights were pretty full. Fortunately there were no complainers. He had gotten his Covid booster before we left and I got mine today.

      I do appreciate your visits here my friend. Stay safe out there.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!