Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2018

Fiddlin' February - 2018

It is not usual for me to have two posts in one day but I do want to keep up with the Tell It Color project so here goes:

Today's prompt is Water.  I am a Pisces so water is my element, a phrase I said a lot when my husband and I were first dating.  Whenever we went to the beach, which was a lot more often then, I'd rush into the water and proclaim "I am a Pisces and water is my element."  It felt so good to feel the waves lapping at my feet.  I hardly ever actually swam out into the ocean as I was too afraid of undertow but I did usually end up getting totally wet.

When we married, we were overlooking the deep blue of Lake Tahoe.  It was glorious.


I've said before that we live between the Pacific Ocean and the San Francisco Bay and last year we were treated to a boat ride by one of our friends:

The spray of the boat as we passed under the Golden Gate Bridge

And then under the Bay Bridge

Overlooking the Pacific Ocean from the Cliff House Restaurant in San Francisco
 
The Truckee River running through Reno, Nevada
I think the splashing of the waves is my favorite part.  I love watching it hit the rocks and the sound it makes.  I really get a sense of peace and it seems to fill me with and inspiration and delight.

And then there is the water a little closer to home:

Our front yard on a rainy day

The city workers flushing out the fire hydrant in front of our house.

Hail that came down so heavily that it looked like snow.
I REALLY have to get to the ocean again soon.  This fish needs to feel that water lapping at her toes.  

What's your water story? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!