Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Fiddlin' February - 2018

Today is Valentine's Day.  I got candy and a card and I gave my husband a card and his favorite, hard to find cookies.  We show each other how much we love each other on a regular basis so we don't go all out just because it is "supposed" to be done on February 14. 

But, today also starts a new excursion into the world of color for me.  Liz Lamoreux is leading a "Tell It Color" group where we examine different colors and see what they mean to us.  You know I'm gonna share here! 

The first day is the color Green.  I went for a walk around the neighborhood like I used to do, getting in my exercise for the day as well as taking some pictures of the green things I saw along the way and a few more from around our house.  Then I put them all together in a collage and added it to the journal.  I used some washi tape on the first page to add the color and some green stain as the background for the picture page. 





















Here are some of my favorite pictures from this journey into green:

Repurposed cookie jar from when I was a kid.

The chair on our front porch.

See no, speak no, hear no evil from my walk around the block

We live near an armory.  These trucks were in the lot.  Not sure if that's (living near an armory) a good thing or a bad thing.

A lone bit of green amid the brush.

Our street signs

The hubs wearing a green shirt and holding the Sporting Green.  He's so accommodating!

Bunch of green ribbons in my workshop.

My cutting tool and adhesive runner

Yummy apple that I had for break at work

The color of one wall and the ceiling of our bedroom.

This is the best heating pad for when I get those aches and pains.  It is filled with herbs and I just put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

This is the pattern in one of my dresses.

The top fuzz from my slippers.  


This is a clock I've had since my very first apartment 40 years ago!

Feel like exploring your world by color?  Come along on the journey with us!  Have a favorite shade of green?  Share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!