Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Just Jot January - 2018

#JusJoJan is One Liner Wednesday today and I don't have a good one-liner so I'm sharing a picture of something I saw yesterday while on my walk by the San Francisco Bay.  I've mentioned before that I really like taking that 20 minute walk on the Bay Trail and watching the choreographed take offs and landings of the airplanes at San Francisco Airport...





and the dancing splash of the water on the rocks.



Since I started work at Michaels I haven't been taking the walks and yesterday, as part of my goals for the year, I decided to visit it again.  The first thing I noticed were several of the Lime Bikes sitting there available for rental.  The trail actually extends farther than the distance I walk so you could rent a bike and ride the trail and then return it.  Next I saw this little stump of a tree that had been cut to look like a small seat.





A little farther up was this "couch."  It has a plaque on it that says that it was a repurposed pine tree from Washington Park that had been destroyed by the floods in 2017.  It was carved by the Burlingame Park Department.  It looks like something out of the Flintstones, doesn't it?  


From this seat you can sit and watch the airport traffic and also the ducks swimming in the water.


I would definitely bring a cushion or something to sit on because it doesn't look all that comfortable for lengthy sitting.

I forgot how much fun it was to walk that short trail and I am glad I did.  Definitely going to start making it a more regular habit.  How about you?  Notice any changes to someplace you haven't been in a while?   












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!