Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2016

A November to Remember

November 28 -

10 memories in three days, can I do it?

Cherished Memory #21 - Our Wedding

I'm going to cheat a little bit on this one since I've posted about our Love Story before.


Something I did not mention in that post, though was about the wedding day itself and our honeymoon.  We were set to be married out on the Vista Point in Zephyr Cove (doesn't that sound romantic?).  My maid of honor and I had gone ahead and were waiting at the chapel that is nearby until the boys caught up.  We waited.  We waited some more.  No sign of the guys.  This was in prehistoric times before cell phones you know.  Pretty soon there was a call to the office that the guys would be coming shortly.  They had to wait for AAA because my husband-to-be had locked the keys to the car in the trunk!

Finally they made it and fortunately, even though we were over an hour late for the ceremony, the couple that had been scheduled before us was just finishing up.  I had not gotten a bouquet for myself because I was trying to save money and so had just ordered a wristlet like you would get for a prom.  As I was walking around the path to get to the ceremony spot, the bridal party was coming around the corner to get to their cars.  The bride handed me her bouquet and said, "Here, you can catch this bouquet!"  It matched my dress perfectly!  


After the ceremony we went into town and had a lunch at Harrah's and then walked around doing some gambling.  I wore my wedding dress the whole time and everyone was wishing us congratulations.  It was kind of fun.  

We scheduled our wedding around my husband's sports activities so when we came home from Tahoe, he had either a bowling night or a softball game, I can't remember which.  The next day we were on our way to Disneyland because he had never been there before!  I think you can tell by the smile on his face how happy he was to meet Mickey.  We had a blast. 



Since we were so close to Anaheim Stadium, we took in an Angles game and got to see history when Jack Morris and the Detroit Tigers won the game and posted a 17-game on the road winning streak, tying the Major League record at the time.  


Then it was time to come home because he had either another bowling night or softball game.  One thing I knew right from the start was that my guy is a sports fan and if I wanted to be able to share in his interests, I better get some sports knowledge.  I think I actually surprise him sometimes with the things I have learned.  

So, there's #21.  9 to go!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!