Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2016

A to Z Challenge - 2016

H is for...

Harmony.  Harmony is the use of simultaneous pitches.  It comes from the Greek word harmonia, meaning joint, agreement or the verb harmozo meaning to fit together.  

Yes, these are the Backstreet Boys.  I've seen them twice now with my daughters (but actually I wanted to see them too)!  I have always liked the Boys more than NSYNC because I think their harmony is better.





This picture is not very good because we weren't supposed to be taking pictures, but it is Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (although none of them are the original Seasons).  




Harmony also can mean peaceful relations and if you've seen the movie or the play "Jersey Boys" about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, you know that theirs was not always a harmonious relationship!


Not a very long post today and I'm glad we have tomorrow off.  I am selling my crafts at a show this weekend so I have no extra time, and of course I am not that far ahead.  Make sure to stop by the other interesting posters at the A to Z Challenge! 

Wish me luck at my craft fair and let me know what you think of my "H" offering.  Love to hear your comments!  


12 comments:

  1. I didn't know that the Four Seasons had issues. But I guess it's hard to get a bunch of creative musicians together and all get along all the time.
    How did you do at your craft fair today?? I sell gemstone jewelry and have done many shows. They're a lot of work and sometimes for little reward. I hope you had a spectacular sales day!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today. Hope you're having fun with the A-Z

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, the back story of The Four Seasons is VERY interesting! If you get a chance you should check out Jersey Boys. I had no idea either until I saw it.

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could create world harmony as easily as musical harmony? Wishing you lots of luck (and fun!) at your fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I managed to make enough money to pay for the table rental and then double it! Plus I got rid of some old inventory and got some new ideas. Win, win, win. Yes, world harmony would be wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I have very little musical talent. But I do enjoy listen to good music.
    Came in from Collection Texas Gal. If you find the time stop in for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dora, Thanks for stopping by. I will come see you as well.

      Delete
  4. Good luck a the craft show! Harmony is very important for music. I can appreciate hearing when harmony is song, but I have no idea how to do it myself :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! Did okay at the craft show. I can't sing harmony either but try to keep harmony in my life as much as possible!

      Delete
  5. So many of the old singing groups and bands have maybe a single original member, with people who might not have been alive at the time the band first came into being. Some of the old bands have a couple of versions out there, led by original members of the band. Very strange...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, John! The groups we see are losing members right and left. Journey keeps trying to replace Steve Perry with a sing-alike but can't quite get it. Foreigner, however, managed to replace Lou Gramm with Kelly Hansen very nicely in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. I enjoy good harmony in music. CS&N are one of my favorite groups that use a lot of harmony in their songs. I saw Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in 1975. They were a great group that I had enjoyed since the mid-60's.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I forgot about CSN! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!