Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A to Z Challenge - 2016

The letter P was one of the first letters I knew I had a subject for, thanks to my next door neighbor, Aron Marten, the inventor of the Pickstrap Pick!














Again, not being musically inclined as far as playing an instrument, I wasn't even sure what good these would do but after watching a video on his site, The Pickstrap Pick, I can see that they would be mighty handy little gadgets to have if you play the guitar.






They come in different sizes and shapes, depending on your thumb size and what kind of pick you are used to using.  Just the other day I was watching a friend of mine play guitar and he had to ask one of his bandmates to give him a pick during a song because, as he explained it, the song started out with finger strumming but in the middle, he needed a pick.  If he had had one of these helpful tools, I guess that would not have been an issue!

On the other hand, I have gotten a few picks from the bands we have seen...






and if Neil Giraldo had been using a Pickstrap Pick, I would not have gotten it (although, honestly, he had a dish full of them next to him on stage and just picked up a handful and threw them out into the crowd so I'm pretty sure the one I got was not one he actually used).

If you want to know more about the Pickstrap Pick, I'm sure my friend/inventor, Aron Marten, would be happy to chat with you about it!  Go to his site and click on the Facebook link or use the Contact form to send him a message.  I'm sure he can explain more about their many uses.  I just think it's kinda cool to be able to say I live next door to an inventor!    


What do you think of that?  Made it all the way to the P's without hardly a glitch!  Follow along with the A to Z Challenge.  Bet you can't wait to see what can I do for a Q!


8 comments:

  1. It looks like a nifty thing for someone who plays the guitar. Interesting to learn about what people invent, even if I have no use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also not musically inclined, but it does look like a nifty little gadget. It's funny how the simplest things can be the most useful.
    @DoreeWeller from
    Doree Weller’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Doree. Lot's of times I think to myself, "Why didn't I think of that, it's so simple?" But of course...

      Delete
  3. How fun to live next door to an inventor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Deborah, I'm hoping he gets rich and famous and shares the wealth with us little people who believed in him :)

      Delete
  4. Herco/Jim Dunlop makes a flat pick that has a thumb loop so you can use it as either, but this looks like it has elastic rather than plastic. That would be a lot more comfortable, I think.

    John Holton
    Blogging from A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    The Sound of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, John, this is an elastic loop. I would think a plastic loop might give you a blister or something because it looks like guitar players get their fingers moving pretty fast. I'd rather play with paper and glue sticks :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!