Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2016

A to Z Challenge - 2016

M is for...

I feel it is my duty with Mother's Day coming next month to teach you the song, MOTHER, as I had to learn it (and sing it every Mother's Day) for my mother.

It was written in about 1915 by Howard Johnson.  You can find some versions of it on YouTube to hear the melody, but here are the words:




M is for the million things she gave me
O is only that she's growing old
T is for the tears she shed to save me
H is for her heart as pure as gold
E is for her eyes with love light shining
R is that she's right and right she'll be.

Put them all together, they spell Mother,
A word that means the world to me.






I believe my mother's favorite line was the "R" one because she always sang it with particular emphasis on the words "right," as in "R is that she's RIGHT and RIGHT SHE'LL BE!"













As with the "Cowboy Jack" song from the letter "C" post, I have made a mini-album commemorating this song.  This one is available in my Etsy Shop (click the link on the right side of this blog or here).





I also have another style, using paper bags instead of chipboard, and you can add your own pictures and/or personal notes to it.  You can find that also on my Etsy site, here.  







Hope you don't mind the shameless plug of my "creations" but I figured that we are halfway through the alphabet and I haven't mentioned my Etsy shop at all yet, so what the heck!  Stop on by and pick one up if you want to give your mother something truly unique this year!  I can make a special order for you if you want special colors or want to personalize it.  

Okay, that's my one "advertisement" for the month.  Have a happy Friday all and don't forget to check out some of the other interesting blogs who are participating in the A to Z Challenge!  Have you heard of the song "Mother?"  Were you used to singing it every Mother's Day as well?  Love to hear about it. 






10 comments:

  1. I remember learning that song when I was a kid. I'd forgotten all about it.

    #AtoZchallenge
    Meet My Imaginary Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kathleen. Now you'll be humming it all day :)

      Delete
  2. I never heard that song before!
    No harm in plugging your creations: They're lovely! Good luck, I hope you sell lots of them...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Janet - I'm holding you responsible for planting an earworm! I think it's hilarious your mother made you sing to her - and how very smart of her to emphasize the always right part.

    How lovely to see your creations - good for you for showing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, sorry about the earworm :)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of the song, but it is very sweet. Glad you shared your creations. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. I'm always a bit nervous about showing my things. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this post with the song and your very special Mother's Day Albums. I will visit your ETSY Shop...I have one, as well, and have often 'Shamelessly Plugged' it on CITexas Gal. I have a 'Sidebar Link', too...right now it's relegated to the blog bottom closet.

    I've had a hectic...nice word for hellish...week at work, so I will be catching up with visiting on my day off...Sunday! Thanks for all your comments. I think I have replied to them all.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. very creative! lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!