Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

A to Z Challenge - 2016

Today we have the letter "G"

Gotta be Guitar:  April is International Guitar Month



Since I am a scrapbooker, one of the things I love to do at the concerts we attend is to try and get some interesting pictures of the bands.  I'm not always able to do this, depending on where we are sitting or what the venue rules are (please don't tell me I can't take any pictures, I will not obey!)


Eddie Van Halen
Eddie Van Halen

Eddie Van Halen
Tesla
We saw Van Halen a few years ago and while the show itself was kind of disappointing, (David Lee Roth needs to focus on the music, not his personal slide shows and Wolfgang needs to get into it a little more, not just stand there)...






I was able to get a few good pictures of Eddie and his guitar.  They did some really neat special effects on the big screen too.



















We had pretty good seats for Tesla so I was able to get some up close and personal stuff.  I love to watch the facial expressions.  They get so into their work!






Jon Bon Jovi



Looks like we were close for this show too but actually we were right in front of one of the screens so I was able to snag a few good ones.  I'm sorry, honey, but JBJ is one hot guy!

Neil Schon


We saw Neil Schon do the Star Spangled Banner at Shoreline one year.  Such a moving performance!  I had goosebumps!  Look at those fingers fly.









 I can't remember who this one is right now but I loved the picture I was able to get!








Lindsey Buckingham





And, last but not least, Lindsey Buckingham.  We've seen Fleetwood Mac several times and if he does not do "Big Love" my husband is very disappointed.  I managed to capture one of the performances from 2013.  Take a listen if you are so inclined...



And there you have the "G."  Hope you are following along with my little ABC project.  Don't forget to check out some of the other most interesting blogs out there who are also participating.  There really is something for everyone in the A to Z Challenge. 





11 comments:

  1. Guitars are near and dear to my heart since hubby is a professional guitarist. I think he has 10 guitars between electric and classical. He likes to go to concerts or when we go to new churches and check out what the guitarists are using for their instruments :)

    Here's something on Youtube if you are interested in hearing my hubby play (something he did with his brother; I'm one of the dancers :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwEHypQq3g

    (not really about me being one of the dancers)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to your video! Very nice. Which one of the dancers were you?

      Delete
  2. A great group of photos of guitars and their players. I taught myself to play the guitar...one song...Red River Valley! LOL...I'm a terrible singer, so the guitar didn't last long.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that song! Good for you for attempting. I never played any instrument.

      Delete
  3. What a great collection of photos. I'm really enjoying this musical journey of your.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pictures. I like how you focused on the guitars and hands. It makes for a different perspective.
    @DoreeWeller from
    Doree Weller’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doree. I try to get something out of the ordinary at each concert.

      Delete
  5. Love the close up shots. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I take about 100 or more pictures at every concert just to get some good ones!

      Delete
  6. Wow you got some great pics from the concerts! Very cool. Too bad we didn't meet last year when I was doing my Musical Journey of My Life: you would've loved all the music videos I posted. We have similar taste in music...
    Great choice for the letter G!
    Love Big Love!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!