Search This Blog

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Just Jot January - 2018

As I mentioned, Saturday's Just Jot January is following the prompts on Stream of Consciousness Saturday and I have chosen to use the day instead to write about other things I am doing.  Today I'm sharing The Sketchbook Project.  

I first heard about the Sketchbook Project from Jamie Ridler on one of her BTS (Behind the Scenes) episodes.  She talked about getting one and it sounded so intriguing that I decided to get one too.  I have until April 30th to send my book back and then it will do some traveling with a mobile unit until it finally rests in the Brooklyn Art Library.


You are given a blank book that has a bar code on the back and that is what is used to identify it once it gets into the library.


You can do anything you want inside or outside but the dimensions must remain at 5 x 7 and less than an inch thick.  You can make pop ups or pull outs as long as it will fold back in to the 5 x 7 size.  They don't want glitter or acrylic paint since those may make it too messy/sticky.   

This year they have given the themes of:  UNDERWATER / THIS IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS / TEXTURES / LINES AND GRAPHICS / LONG STORIES WITH SHORT ENDINGS / A COMIC BOOK ENDING / NO WORRIES / TACOS / CONNECTIONS / PEOPLE I WISH I KNEW  

Or you can use a different theme.   I am not sure which one I'll pick yet but I better decide and get working on it!  I'm thinking that People I Wish I Knew might be a fun one to try.  There are a ton of people I wish I could meet, both living and dead.  On the other hand, No Worries seems like something I could get into as well.     

Once you have submitted it, you can have it set up so that you get a text message when someone looks at your book.  How cool is that?

Unfortunately, the deadline for getting one of these for this year was yesterday, January 5.  They have been doing it for a few years now so maybe you can get one next year if you want. 

I'll share pictures once I start creating in it.  I think this is a terrific project to go along with my word of the year, don't you?  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!