Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A to Z Challenge - 2016

K is for...

Keyboard.  I have something else planned for the letter "P" so I'm not going to do piano, but keyboard seemed to fit with my musical theme just as well.

A keyboard is a row of keys that the performer presses down or strikes with the fingers and thumbs of both hands.

I've seen Billy Joel use a keyboard a couple of times.


I've seen Neil Geraldo use a keyboard to sing to Pat Benatar.



Sir Paul McCartney can use a keyboard pretty well, I guess,



and Benmont Tench with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers can run his fingers up and down the ivories too.  


This is the only keyboard I know how to use, but I have had a lot of practice using it!


                                                                                     





















That's all I have for today.  Still trying to decide what I'm going to use for the letter "L," but hopefully it will be something that catches your interest.  Have a look at some of the other blog participants in our A to Z challenge and make sure to leave a comment here and let me know what you think.  Are you a musical keyboardist or a transcriptionist like me?


5 comments:

  1. The computer keyboard is the only keyboard I can manage and there are days when it manages me instead.

    Mason
    Alex's Ninja Minion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mason, I agree, although usually I blame my fingers, not the keyboard. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm a typewriting sort of girl, not a keyboard playing girl. I admire anyone who can play a keyboard instrument. Seems impossible to do to me. Also, your wedding rings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ally! Yes, my fingers can go pretty fast on the typewriter keyboard but not the musical one. I just recently got the enhancer to go around my wedding rings. Figured after 32 years they needed a boost :)

      Delete
  3. I like when Daryl Hall plays the keyboard and sings. He went to my high school, though years ahead.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!