Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2021

A to Z 2021 Theme Reveal

So excited to be joining the Blogging from A to Z Challenge again this year. It will be my 6th one! In years past I have done a combination of scrapbooking and concerts, both things I know and love. I was wondering what to do for this year given that we did not go to any concerts last year and, while we have been to enough shows that I probably could have done another 26 scrapbooking concert adventures, it is getting to be a stretch to find either an artist or a song title to match the letters. Also, I don’t have an outside job like I did when I worked at Michael’s to use for ideas.

And then I wrote a blog post about how I was now driving my son to San Francisco everyday and that even though I’ve lived in the Bay Area all my life I was finding things I had never seen before. One of our A to Z captains, J. Lennie Dorner, happened to leave a comment that it would be a good idea for an A to Z. And then I remembered that our newspaper, The San Francisco Chronicle, had included a couple of coloring book inserts to the Sunday Edition.

At first I thought I’d just use the books, color the pictures and call it done but then I had the idea to include some of my own pictures from the places I had been like the Golden Gate Bridge. A few of the letters in the coloring books showcased places that were outside of San Francisco and while I had also been to some of those spots, I thought it would be more fun to stick to San Francisco alone.

It took some research but I think I managed to get all the letters covered. So now my task is to actually go to these locations, take more pictures and write a little of the history. Since I’ve gotten both doses of the vaccine, I feel a little better about going out in public and visiting the spots I’ve chosen. It also depends on how much typing I get because that has to come first.

I hope that you will come along on this adventure in San Francisco with me. And if you are doing the A to Z this year, let me know so I can make sure to follow you too!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/03/08/a-to-z-2021-theme-reveal/

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    How are you and my buddy Benny, dear friend? I'm excited to learn what you're doing for this year's A to Z Challenge. Number one, I love looking at your coloring book images. Number two, I love photography. Number three, I live clear across the country and have never been to San Francisco. Number four, I'd love to learn more about the city and its attractions, and I look forward to doing just that as I check out your April posts.

    I wish you lots of joy and satisfaction as you take part in this year's Challenge, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shady. I am kind of excited for it myself as there are some pretty unusual things around town that I had no idea about. I am crossing my fingers that I can get to visit them all without having to resort to online photos. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to visit SAN Francisco and now I get to see some of the city through your eyes. I will be interested to see Q and X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit! Yes, there are some tricky letters, aren't there?

      Delete
  3. What an awesome A - Z Theme! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I think I'm going to have some fun with this one too.

      Delete
  4. What a great theme! I'm planning on taking part too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Wendy! Always like reading other people's adventures in the alphabet.

      Delete
  5. What a great, fun theme Janet. I'm really looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I have you to thank for my love of abecedariums!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, another great theme for this year! I love SF 🤩

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!