Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2021

March Madness – 2021

Last month I shared my new crafty website, Janetsmiles.com that I will be using to augment my Etsy shop. I am excited to share now that I have added a blog page to that website so that I can showcase things I am working on and new items for sale. With the website I can list some things that I may not have in the Etsy store and I’ve set up two new categories, Vintage Dolls and Other Collectibles.

“Little Stevie” playing with the toilet paper

We acquired a collection of porcelain dolls from the 1990s that are for the most part brand new in the box. I have only taken them out to take the pictures. They still have the protective coverings on them to avoid scratching. Some of the boxes look a little worn but the dolls are in great shape. They are from the Danbury Mint and Ashton Drake companies among others. We have probably close to 100 so it will take me a while to photograph and document them all but if you are into collecting dolls, this will be the place to go! Right now I have six items listed but I have another 10 to go in this first batch, including a Shirley Temple doll dressed in her role as Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

Please feel free to share this info with anyone you may know who likes to collect dolls. Also coming soon to the “Other Collectibles” category will be some vintage tins and perhaps even some baseball cards and Budweiser beer steins! The blog is here and there is a spot to sign up for notification of new posts. You know me though, I promise not to overwhelm your inboxes!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/03/18/march-madness-2021/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    These images showing a few of the items you have for sale are nicely composed and bound to attract attention to your store. Doll collecting is a popular pursuit, especially among women and girls. Mrs. Shady's mother used to have a box filled with doll heads. Clowns are also perennial favorites among collectors, and so are tins, baseball cards and beer steins. Little Stevie needs a timeout. He's wasting bath tissue in the midst of a pandemic. :) I will spread the word around Mrs. S's large family about your handsome collectibles.

    I hope your week is going well. Please give Benny a hug for me and enjoy the rest of it, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shady, thanks for stopping by. Clowns can be kind of scary sometimes too. This one is borderline in my opinion. I thought Stevie was quite appropriate at this time, even if someone just buys it for the toilet paper - LOL. Hope you and the Mrs are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new craft website, Janet. Your doll collections looks awesome and I am sure will attract many visitors. Everything is wonderfully displayed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I am trying to take good pictures without disturbing the dolls too much. If it will help clean out the garage, I'd be grateful!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!