Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2021

March Madness – 2021 5 Questions

Our blogging friend Ally, prompts us to answer the five following questions as part of her acceptance of the Outstanding Blogger Award, of which she is truly deserving.

Q1 – What’s your favorite movie? Too many. Hitchcock’s “Rear Window” jumped in my head.

Q2 – When trying to buy shoes, what’s your biggest problem? Trying to buy shoes is my problem. For some reason I have never liked that experience. Interesting, because as a Pisces, feet are supposed to be my body part.

My Unicorn slippers. Sadly, wore them out!

Q3 – Ice cream cone or cupcake? Cupcake definitely but actually just the frosting not the cake.

Q4 – What’s one good thing you have learned about yourself during this pandemic? I can most definitely handle being alone. While I miss dinners with a few friends and concerts where I can blend in with the crowd, I truly can occupy my time and be perfectly content in my own little world.

Part of my world. I need to take some new pictures of the studio.

Q5 – Any eccentric people in your family? Discuss. Eccentric is a fun word. I’d have to say my Auntie Annie was eccentric, but maybe she was just outgoing and to my quiet self that makes her eccentric. I know that she was fun to be around. She took me to Reno when I turned 21 so that I could gamble legally for the first time. We had a great trip. She was one of those people who started conversations with anyone and everyone and always knew the bartender! She and my mom are twins and total opposites. Annie worked as a waitress all her life and always had the most interesting stories to tell. This picture doesn’t really do her justice, but you can tell by the gold jacket she wasn’t afraid to stand out in a crowd.

Auntie Annie

I, like Ally, don’t feel comfortable trying to single out bloggers for awards since I feel that anyone who reads my drivel is outstanding and I don’t want to put undue pressure on folks to respond so I will just post my five questions here and if you are so inclined, feel free to answer them in the comments or on your own blogs. My questions are:

  • What is your favorite quote. I collect them.
  • If money were no object where would you go?
  • How many places have you lived or jobs have you held?
  • Have you tried meditation? Did it help you?
  • Who would you like to meet (living or dead) for dinner?

There you go. Thanks again, Ally, for giving me something to blog about today. Now I’m off to take pictures of more dolls for sale.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/03/19/march-madness-2021-5-questions/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    This was a fun prompt and I enjoyed reading your answers to the five questions.

    Right here and now I'd like to answer a few of the questions you were given along with a few you posed to your readers.

    My favorite movie is Ruby In Paradise starring Ashley Judd, who recently suffered a serious, nearly fatal injury.

    I prefer ice cream.

    I too have learned to adapt to the isolation imposed by the pandemic. As long as we have computers and other windows to the world, there are countless opportunities to explore, learn, teach, share and amuse ourselves.

    My favorite quote is taught in NLP seminars: "If you must, you can."

    I have held many different jobs including: shoe store salesman, supermarket produce clerk, machine shop worker, aluminum plant worker, ditch digger, painter, forklift operator in a potato chip factory, "case worker" for a beer distributor, TV news anchor, TV voice-over booth announcer, TV producer, TV film and video shooter & editor, music video director, NLP motivational trainer, and executive recruiter for advertising agencies coast to coast.

    Yessum, meditation was a regular part of Werner Erhard's "est Training" and the NLP program I was involved with both as a participant and later as a trainer.

    Have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my friend. You are most always my first commenter here. You certainly have had quite a few jobs and a lot of interesting ones. I love that quote. Adding it to my collection. Hope your weekend is fun filled!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet - Great answers, and great new questions. Here is my quick attenpt:
    1. Favourite quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    2. If money were no object...I would travel nonstop (but come back home to visit family and freinds) and then travel some more. Everest Base Camp and Camino Norde are both high on my current bucket list.
    3. I've lived in 11 different cities, 2 different Canadian provinces (Ontario and BC) and 2 different countries (Canada and China).
    4. I do a simple form of meditation and find it essential.
    5. My father passed away when I was 18 years old. That is who I would meet for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna. Love your quote. I think I'd have dinner with my dad too. I was in my early 30's when he passed but he has never met my husband or my kids. I asked the question about places you've lived because I've lived my whole life in 1 town (minus a few years in the towns on either side of us) so when I see something like your answer, I am just amazed. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What interesting questions. My answers:
    Favourite movie: 1922
    Good thing learnt during pandemic: adapt, I am surprise how I could change my lifestyle. I am normally "a creature of habit," and change is foreign to me.
    Eccentric people in family: My sister who saw people as invisible. She did what ever she wanted. Many saw her as eccentric but I think she was a woman ahead of her time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!