Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2020

It’s Only October – 2020

There’s a new routine in our house for the past 3 weeks. Our son got a new job and I am driving him into San Francisco every morning so that he doesn’t have to take public transit and increase our risk of Covid exposure. I don’t mind it. It is a familiar thing for me to drive the kids somewhere, that’s what mom’s do. This is a typical loop drive, hop on the freeway, hop off the freeway, up a couple of blocks, and then back down a couple of blocks and hop on the freeway again. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we don’t.

I have been keeping my eyes open for new things. Here are a couple I’ve managed to catch, thanks to my son who takes the pictures while I drive:

A Big Dream on the side of the hill
Sunrise over the airport
That same sun coming up over the SF Bay

The City itself is a different world. Our drive takes us through downtown and in front of the city hall. Right now in the area across from city hall there are huge tents set up with voting machines. We see lots of “interesting” people as we go too. Seems like every day I see something I haven’t noticed before. It’s kinda fun.

What’s been happening where you are? Any new routines started? Share!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/10/17/its-only-october-2020/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's great to see a new post from you, dear friend! It's kind of you to drive your son to work in Frisco. If I may ask, how long is that round trip? I wonder what that large "DREAM" sign is all about. Looks like there's another word behind it but I can't tell what it is. That's a beautiful picture of the sun coming up over San Francisco Bay. I imagine those tents equipped with voting machines are bustling with activity these days as people take advantage of early voting. The suspense of this long and painful campaign cycle is getting to us. We are eager to put the election behind us and hopefully return to some semblance of normal, if that is even possible.

    Yessum, the new routine in my household is that Mrs. Shady and I are taking Spanish lessons.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning my friend! Spanish, huh? I took a couple of years of that in high school but only remember the basics. The round trip is about 45 minutes. Fortunately for us the traffic hot spots are in different directions for the most part. It is a nice time to have alone with him and alone with myself! Thanks for stopping by dear Shady. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Well I'm glad to hear you're going against the main traffic flow but building 90 minutes into your day (I'm assuming you pick him up too?) must have been hard. Our journey to our daughter has been horrible the last few times due to a road closure. A road closure that means a big detour in order to cross railway lines! I'm glad I'm not doing a regular childcare for them at the moment but lots of appointments with a new baby coming means it feels like we're there at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, yes, I take him to and pick him up. It's not so bad. I was doing it at his last job too since he can't drive for a while. Fortunately I make my own work hours so it works out okay.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!