Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Observations in October - 2018 #31things Morning

The next prompt in Ali Edward's 31 Things class is "Morning."

This is what I see when I get up most mornings.  I am generally the first one up.  This morning it was cloudy and it had just rained a bit.   




It's not always 6:23 but I do try to be up by seven.  While the coffee is brewing I also make a big glass of warm water with lemon.  I feel like it gets me centered for the day.  I know that warm water and lemon is good for digestion and I take my morning dose of diabetic medicine with it.  From then on it's coffee, coffee, coffee.  Thank goodness for our daughter who works at Starbucks and brings us a bag full every week. 





Since I work from home, I don't have far to go and I actually can start work in my p.j.'s.   I love that fact.  I consider myself truly fortunate that I have been able to do this transcription work for the last 17 years.  It may be slowing down a bit but now that I am also collecting Social Security, I'm going to ride it out as long as I can. 



Not that I am extremely popular but I do have a few different email accounts and one of the first things I do while I drink my coffee is to go through the emails.  Some I open and some I delete without reading.  I'm trying to pare down the number of sites I get emails from.  I really don't need them all. 



I do like the positive motivational quotes that I get and sometimes I write those down in my planner or jot them on a post it to put in my junk journal. 


Every once in a while I get a nice surprise when I wake up.  My husband is quite the romantic.  For a while when we were younger he was working the graveyard shift and I was working days so we didn't see each other as "regular" people do.  We'd leave notes for each other in various spots.  Sometimes I left notes in his car.  One day he wrote out the words to the song "You Are My Sunshine" and left it by the coffee machine.  Another morning I found these flowers.  What a guy!




So that's my morning.  How about you?  Get too many emails?  Coffee drinker?  Love to hear about how your day starts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!