Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Blogging From A to Z - 2018 - V is for



Welcome to the letter V in the A to Z Challenge for 2018.  Winding my way through the alphabet inside Michaels Arts and Crafts store.  V is for Vases.

You saw how many flowers there were in my post for the letter "F" so you would think that there would be vases for them, right?



Well there are!


Lots of different sizes and shapes but most of them are clear glass.  


Some even look like they could hold candy or other decorations on a table. 


Tall ones.



Ones that look like martini glasses.  This picture is deceiving.  This glass is WAY too big to be a martini glass unless you were sharing that martini with about 3 other people.



Same with this champagne glass.


And this wine glass looking one could hold half a bottle of wine at least.


Long rectangle ones.


Short and stubby ones.


A few that are colored.


And some that are more suited for terrariums.  Interestingly, I saw an ad for these and they had twinkle lights in them.  That's a neat idea I think.



Another V is good old Velcro.



Lastly, there are the Everyday Value items.  Near the front of the store, usually close to the Q-Line is a row of things that are classified as Everyday Value items.  These are things like small rolls of ribbon, pads of paper, a pack of plain white chalk, some rubber stamps, small bottles of glitter glue, things that are usually between $1 and $3.  As the sign says (well you could see it if I took a big enough picture but trust me, it says) no coupons or other discounts apply to the Everyday Value items.   There are Everyday Value items located all throughout the store. 


These glue guns and bags of glue are Everyday Value items.  




So are these rolling carts and the big gallon jugs of glue.  


There were several times a customer who was so excited to get this cart ($30 in our store) or a parent with a gallon of glue ($30 for clear and $18 for white) for their child to make slime had coupons for 50% off a regular priced item and I had to disappoint them and tell them it was an Everyday Value item therefore the coupons would not work.  Sometimes they would buy it anyway and sometimes it would end up in the "go backs."  There were a few customers who would complain that it wasn't marked clearly enough but there was usually a sign by the item and it is clearly written on the coupons.  Occasionally if the parent had brought up the clear glue that was $30 I would tell them that the white was cheaper but that's about the best I could do.       

Four days left in our A to Z.  Are you still with me?  


(Note:  I decided I should add a disclaimer to these posts because I certainly don't want to give the idea that I am being paid by Michaels to do this or that they are furnishing me with material.  All pictures used in this blog series were taken by me at local Michaels stores, or are my personal pictures and every Michaels store may not have everything shown.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at the idea of a gallon of glue for anything except a classroom, and for purposes other than gluing. I hope we're not in for a Slime Takeover! :-)

    The yellow milk bottle vases in your photo are pretty. But I've got way too many vases as is, and it's time for a clean out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Deborah, you should have seen how many gallons of glue went through my register! We actually ran out at one point. Unbelievable. I have a few vases myself that I need to get rid of and I'm not looking to add any more. I was thinking of the rectangle ones as supply holders in my craft room though :)

      Delete
  2. I love vases but you can only own so many - they take up a lot of space - and I find that I often need one somewhere in between the sizes I already own.

    Leanne | www.crestingthehill.com.au
    W for When You Lose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ya hate that? I've given away a lot over the years and kind of just have one of a few sizes now.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!