Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Blogging From A to Z - 2018 - P is for


Welcome to the letter P in the A to Z Challenge for 2018.  This year for the A to Z Challenge I am working my way through Michaels Arts and Crafts store.  As we have come to see, there are many more things that you can find at Michaels than just craft items.  P is for Picture Frames.


Framing is a big deal at Michaels.  There is a whole station dedicated to picture frames with custom orders welcome!  There are associates dedicated to the Framing Department and they would be happy to help you frame that picture your child made for you in 1st grade or the signed poster you got at the last concert.


They have recently partnered with the Scott Brothers to add to the Custom Framing Collection.  I am not a decorator or really into design so I am not familiar with them but it may mean something to you.  


There are SO many framing options.  I loved looking at all the different choices of materials.  



Some are really ornate.



Some are plainer.


Gold finish.

Or colorful to match your walls. 



And then there are the mats to go with them.  



If you aren't in need of custom framing but have something that you'd like to frame yourself, there are standard picture frames in all sizes and finishes. 









Even tiny tabletop frames for baby pictures of the kids. 




There are also display cases for your baseball card collection or that bat you had signed,


Flag holders and golf ball displays.


Got a basketball or helmet you need to protect?


And lots of different collage type picture frames to hold a generation of photos.





Can't forget the hardware you need to hang your treasures with, 



and my personal favorite, Command strips and hooks.  



We have stock in 3M so please buy Command products at every opportunity!  



Do you have something special you need framed?  Like to coordinate or do random assortments?  Use Command items?  Tell me and make sure to check the other A to Z "P"eeps.  


(Note:  I decided I should add a disclaimer to these posts because I certainly don't want to give the idea that I am being paid by Michaels to do this or that they are furnishing me with material.  All pictures used in this blog series were taken by me at local Michaels stores, or are my personal pictures and every Michaels store may not have everything shown.)

8 comments:

  1. Clever way of dealing with "P."

    We have a few pictures hanging around the house, a couple of oil paintings Mary's uncle did, a couple of prints that came from Mom's house after she died, and a pencil drawing of the gate of the Chicago Stockyards to remind Mary where she came from. We had something framed and it cost a king's ransom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, custom framing isn't cheap by any means and with "designer" names involved it is probably worse. We have a lot of pictures but I don't spend a lot of money on the frames. If you think P was clever, wait until you see "Q!"

      Delete
  2. LOL - I'm glad to know I'm helping keep you wealthy Janet. I display a great deal of art in my home and I'm definitely a fan of the 3M hangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father-in-law worked for 3M for most of his career and we did not realize that he had so much stock that he just kept re-investing until he passed away. My mom-in-law was just as surprised as we were! Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  3. I've had pictures framed at Michael's! Come to think of it though, I have a huge print that still needs framed. (The size makes it costly so I keep putting it off.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have sales of 70% off custom framing sometimes so that's when you should go.

      Delete
  4. I need to go back and read all of your posts - love this idea for A to Z!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!