Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Featured in February – 2022 – Rest?

Linda gives us the word “rest” to use in our SoCS today. Not gonna lie, I will not be getting too much rest the next week or so and I’m pretty happy about that. Today I have a pop-up craft show at our local mall which, sadly, has been sold and will be razed in the next couple years to make room for what they are calling “biotech campus and housing.” Not quite sure what that means but I’ll bet I’m not going to be able to buy groceries or clothes like I can now. However, the mall is not gone yet so I have a chance to showcase my newest cards and boxes.

I made two new exploding boxes for Easter.

And I made some new cards too.

As if that’s not enough busy, I also got some transcription work in, about 4 hours worth, which I should say for those of you who don’t do typing like this, one hour of audio time equals 3 to 4 hours of typing time! Honestly though, this is the best kind of busy for me. I love making things and sharing them and the typing keeps the funds coming in so I can continue to do it.

How about you? Busy this week? Like these cards and boxes? If they don’t sell today they’ll be listed in the Etsy shop or I can make one special for you, just saying.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/02/26/featured-in-february-2022-rest/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I hope your day at the craft show is a success, dear friend! I'm sorry to learn that the venue, the local mall, is being razed to make room for whatever.

    By now, you know that I find your exploding boxes absolutely mesmerizing. They are small and compact on the outside, yet seem to hold the seven wonders of the world inside - so many pockets and sleeves. These Easter themed boxes are colorful and gorgeous. I especially like the one with a surprise smaller box inside. I also admire the colors on your cards, particularly the green and plum combo. Givers of those lovely cards can feel proud and confident, and the receivers thankful. They're keepers.

    It does my heart good to know that you enjoy keeping busy doing transcription assignments and creating and selling these delightful cards and crafts. I find myself thinking about your mother quite often, confident that she was a fine person and an excellent wife and mother.

    Please give my buddy Benny a good scratchin' and enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi friend - I am home from the show and did quite well. I sold 19 cards and 2 boxes. Not bad for a couple of hours. While I was at the show an order also came through on my Etsy shop for a custom school days album so the prompt of "busy" continues!

      I have been thinking about my mom lately too, as I really don't feel I got to say a proper good bye to her. She was not responding when I was able to Facetime with her and part of me thinks that if I had been allowed in, I might have been able to bring her out of it. One of those things we'll never know. Thanks for stopping by, dear Shady.

      Delete
  2. You have been one busy lady! I am always amazed at the boxes because I have no clue how to make them. I would need to take a class because i tried with youtube and...I was all crooked. I smiled at the rainboots cards. The Victorian style card with the gold and red velvet ribbon is stunning. I'm glad you did well (I read above).
    I am thinking about my mom often but I was with her unlike what you had to go through but I know you did your all and so does she. I wished I was with my mom that whole day and not out buying a toilet and bathtub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit - Yes, some regrets with my mom but part of it has to do with my sister and how she handled things too. I guess I'll just have to let it go. Thanks for your kind words. I have a tool that helps me make the boxes. I may do a tutorial for YouTube. Have a great rest of your week.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Janet - Congratulations on your success at the sale! You certainly are VERY busy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Hopefully it will continue. I don't mind this kind of busy.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!