Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Featured in February – 2022 – He didn’t come.

Get your mind out of the gutter – LOL. WST gives us this interesting prompt. My take:

Bob Seger is one of our favorite performers. We have seen him twice in concert. The first time was extra special because we met Ross Valory from Journey in the bar before the show!

We saw him again a couple years later and I documented that one as part of the A to Z Challenge.

We really wanted to see him again so I got us tickets for a show in 2017. He was going to be at Oakland and that is an easy venue for us to go to. Unfortunately he had to cancel that tour because he was having issues with his spine and needed surgery. Of course his health is more important and we were told that the dates would be rescheduled so I wasn’t worried.

And then we got a notice that our tickets had been refunded because the venue was being changed. He didn’t come to Oakland when they announced the make up tour. He was going to be at Shoreline in Mountain View. That’s still a venue we can get to easily BUT it was smack during the middle of my husband’s annual golf tournament. We were so disappointed. That was to be his final tour. As I searched for news of a new one for this post, I see that his saxophonist, Alto Reed, died last January. That is sad.

I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with the times Bob Seger DID come to a venue near me and we were able to see him. Thank goodness for my concert scrapbooks! How about you all? Any time a performer didn’t come close enough for you to catch the show? Hope you are having a happy Sunday.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/02/06/featured-in-february-2022-he-didnt-come/

6 comments:

  1. That’s so cool that you got pictures with him and got to see this band in concert, at least once. I hope this other man didn’t die from covid which sounds horrible because he shouldn’t have died period...too young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he had cancer. Still a bad "C" word. Yes, we are thankful we've seen Bob Seger. It was such a surprise to see Ross Valory walking around the bar area. No one else seemed to be making a big deal about him but my husband and I noticed him right away.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    "He didn't come," dear friend, but your blog buddy Shady surely did. Yessum, Bob Seger will soon be 77 years old. Time takes its toll on everyone. To our dismay, that includes our favorite entertainers. Another example is Phil Collins who nowadays walks with a cane and needs to sit in a chair when he performs on stage. I'm sorry to learn that plans fell through for you to see Seger's show in recent years, especially on his last tour, and now his sax man has died. The wheels do tend to come off, don't they?

    Recently, I was reminded of Bob Seger's greatness when his 1978 hit song "Still The Same" played during a scene of what has become possibly my all time favorite TV series, Ozark, starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. The series is simply amazing. It's now streaming on Netflix and I highly recommend it.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend! Thanks for coming. I'll have to check out Ozark. We've been looking for something new to watch. Yes, Phil Collins is another one who is definitely not getting any younger. I did see that he is back with Genesis doing a tour but not sure if they'll come to my part of the world. Hope your week is a smooth one!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Janet - This is an awesome prompt and blog post title. It definitely made me read it first! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I usually try to use alliterations in my monthly titles but thought it might be fun to include the prompts this time too. Glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!