Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Featured in February – 2022 – “Bad Idea”

In the WST (What Sandra Thinks) challenge today we have “Bad Idea.” Of course I can think of a few bad ideas I’ve had over the course of the 67 years I’ve been around.

Let’s just say it was a bad idea to wear a long dress when going down an escalator in the middle of the mall and not holding it up so it wouldn’t get caught, which it did, shutting down the escalator and leaving me stuck there until someone called for security.

It was quite embarrassing to say the least. I mean, I literally was stuck. And it was a dress, which means I had just my underwear on underneath so if I had to take off the dress…Fortunately there was a nice person who went and got security to come and set me free. The elevator’s mechanism would not allow it to go forward or backwards so we had to rip my dress to release me to make sure I didn’t get pulled down. Good thing it wasn’t my favorite dress and good thing it just ripped the bottom but you can bet I went straight home after that! I could just imagine people looking at me saying, “There goes the woman who broke the escalator!”

So, what was your bad idea?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/02/02/featured-in-february-2022-bad-idea/

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good IWSG day! I was under the weather earlier this week (not the C👾vid, don't worry), but I'm much improved now.
    I've been scheduling debut author interviews at Operation Awesome. If you know one, please tell them to reach out to me.
    Over at the a-to-z challenge, plans are hatching for April 2022, including a big event this month (starts Feb 4).
    Plus, WEP has the "All You Need is Love" flash fiction challenge on February 16 - 18.
    Quote for February: “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” -John Bunyan

    Have you ever seen the movie "Mallrats"? Because there are rants about the escalator.

    Sometime I've got to teach you HTML so you can resize those pictures to fit your blog. But even without it, there should have been an option to right click and shrink to small?
    If you do want to give the HTML edit a try, open your post editor, click the HTML option (it's on the top left of your tool bar). Use search (ctrl+F) for the word WIDTH.
    It will show up three or six times. Ignore any that say "original width."
    Look for "width= " and some number, probably in the thousands.
    Change that to width= "400"
    Then search for height.
    Again, ignore anything that says ORIGINAL.
    "height= " Delete it. Yup. Delete the word and the number and the quotes around the number. All three times, if it's there. BUT, be sure all three images have
    width= "400"
    Google will figure out the right height for you.

    I am making an educated guess that your blog width is 400. Mine is 600. You can change the number to work for you.

    I hope that helps! I know HTML looks super scary.
    You know what else is smart? Before you change stuff, open the HTML and COPY all of it. Put it in a txt file or something.
    Then, if you muck up, you can just delete all your work and paste the old HTML back in there, and everything will look exactly as it does now. That takes away all the risk.
    (This does NOT work as well with normal text editing. That's why I work in HTML, because I know for sure what I see is what I will get. But I'm a bit of a nerd.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you, Lenni! I am sorry I haven't been visiting you very often. I like your recap of what you've been up to. I have just figured out what I am going to do for the A to Z this year and I'll be looking for the announcement!

      As far as the pictures go, I write my original post on WP and then use IFTTT to simulcast on Blogger and when it transfers, the pictures are out of control. It takes a little while for the simulcast to go through and I try to keep an eye on it so when it does, I go in and resize the pictures. I am not sure why it does it. I love your suggestion about copying what is in the HTML before changing it. Brilliant.

      Love your quote and glad you are feeling better and that it wasn't covid. We've actually had that pass through our house twice now and fortunately I've been okay both times. Lost my mom in January from it though so we have been affected.

      Thanks again for stopping by. I'll try and visit you more often too!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness - I know you were mortified standing there stuck in the escalator!! I would have gone straight home, too! It makes a great story now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah it does. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!