Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Decidedly December – 2020

Wow, 4 days behind. I was working, which is a good thing, and I have some more work for next week which is also good. Let’s see what magic I can make with these prompts.

December 9 is Silver and Jingle. That’s easy! A bunch of silver bells from my craft stash in assorted sizes, just waiting to be added to some fun project.

December 10 is Jolly and Warm Fuzzies.

Saw these jolly guys sitting on the shelf at Safeway
This little guy in his warm Christmas sweater gives me the warm fuzzies.

December 11 is tree and ink. We got our tree up reasonably early this year and I am grateful for that because this weekend we are having some rain so it probably wouldn’t have gotten done. Our daughters and I went and picked it out and then put the lights on. A couple of days later, our youngest and I watched a cheesy Xmas Hallmark movie and decorated it. Fun!

Here is our tree this year

As far as the ink goes, usually I would talk about the ink I use in my crafting but this kind of ink is a bit more special. I’m not a fan of tattoos but our daughter asked me to write out La Vita e Bella for her so that she could have the tattoo made in my handwriting. Had I known she was going to get it done EXACTLY as I wrote it, I probably would have written smaller – LOL. This covers her whole forearm and the black birds represent the five of us in the family. The one outline bird is for our first real pet, a cat named Whisper, who had to be put to sleep. How could I object to something with that much meaning?

Life is Beautiful

Today is Lights and Best Decision in 2020. Again, lights is easy:

The lights in front of our house.

I’m going to have to think about the best decision of 2020. Perhaps it is getting a new refrigerator. Perhaps it is deciding to make my own website. Perhaps I haven’t made it yet! I still have some time to work on it.

Okay, there we have both the Countdown to Christmas and the December Reflections up to date. How are you doing? Got your tree and lights up? Warm fuzzies happening? Made a spectacular decision this year? Lemme know!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/12/12/decidedly-december-2020-6/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Good to know that you are having a busy but happy week, dear friend! Those Safeway Santas look cuddly. For years we had a motion activated Santa doll that we placed in the family room. Whenever someone walked past, he let out a loud "HO HO HO!" and proceeded to sing "Jingle Bells." The kids had fun setting that thing off over and over again - a thousand times a day, it seemed. It drove me crazy, but the children loved it.

    Is that my buddy Benny wearing his warm Christmas sweater? He looks snazzy! Thanks for showing me the tree you brought home the other day. It's beautiful. I clicked twice to enlarge the image to macro size and observe detail. As I think back, my family only ever hung ball an bell shaped ornaments on our trees. I like the variety of holiday symbols that are visible on your tree. I like your outdoor light display as well.

    It's quite an honor that your daughter wanted to use your handwriting for her "Life is Beautiful" tattoo. It's touching that the tat also pays tribute to the first family pet Whisper.

    Surely one of your best decisions in 2020 was to vote in the general election. We are witnessing first hand how important it is for each and every eligible voter to cast a ballot.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good reminder, my friend! I absolutely agree that that was a good decision this year. One I hope will lead to much better things next year.

      When I was growing up we used ball ornaments too but when I started having my own tree, I wanted to be more eclectic. I don't think I have any just plain ball ornaments! I can imagine that Santa being a big hit with the kids.

      That sweater is actually a little too big for our Benny but I let him wear it when we go walking because his harness keeps it on. We may have to find him a smaller one because it can get chilly around here!

      As always, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me my friend. I truly appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Wow - a tattoo of your handwriting on her arm - that is true daughterly love! Really enjoyed all your pictures Janet - especially the tattoo, dog, tree and path lights - all little glimpses into your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne. I was so surprised when she showed me how big the tattoo was. She loves it though.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!