Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

Decidedly December – 2020

Today we have Red. This is my favorite red sweater. I love the cutout on the sleeves. Keeps me warm but not too hot. Worn with my black and white leggings.

And the second prompt is Movie. Of course I love the standard Christmas movies like “A Christmas Story,” and “It’s a Wonderful Life” but my all time favorite has to be “A Christmas Carol.” I like the old version with Alistair Sim but I have to watch “A Muppet Christmas Carol” every year while I wrap presents or it just won’t be Christmas. It is of course made for kids but as with a lot of the Muppet things, there are some jokes in there just for us adults. We even still have it in the old VHS format. Thank goodness we have a dual VHS/DVD player.

I kind of like keeping these short and sweet. Makes it easier to keep up. Lots less pressure. What’s your all time favorite Christmas movie? Have you ever seen the “Muppet Christmas Carol?”



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/decidedly-december-2020-3/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I hope the weather is now cool enough in the Bay area so that you can slip into that bright red sweater through the holidays. It's striking!

    Like you I remember the 1951 film Scrooge aka A Christmas Carol, an adaptation of the Dickens novella that stars Alistair Sim. I first saw it as a young boy. When I worked at an NBC affiliated TV station, we carried The Muppet Show and I produced countless promos for the series. Eventually I grew tired of the characters. Therefore, I have not watched any Muppet movies. My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street (1947) with child actress Natalie Wood. You are fortunate to have a dual VHS/DVD player because a surprising number of films and TV shows that were released on VHS decades ago have still not been released on DVD or other forms of modern media.

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shady, for the reminder of Miracle on 34th Street. I think I'll try and watch that one too as truthfully I"m not sure I've seen the whole thing. I did wear the sweater today. It is starting to feel like the holidays. We are getting our tree tomorrow. The whole family. First time in a while we've all been together to do that. Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Frederique. I feel really festive when I wear it even when it is not during the holidays.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!