Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Decidedly December – 2020

Another two days of challenges. December 7 is easy to combine. On the Countdown to Christmas the prompt is “Fireplace” and on the December Reflections it is “On My Wish List.” We used to rent a house with a fireplace and I just loved it. When we moved 24 years ago our house did not have one. A few years ago my husband got me a portable heater for my work area. It looks like a mini fireplace when it is going.

So on my Wish List this year is a fire pit for the backyard. I think Santa is going to get it for me too! Something like this:

Of course I would love a wood burning one but in the interest of air quality, a propane one will be okay.

Today’s prompts were “Craft” and “Fave photo of 2020.” I showed the gift card holders I made already but here is another one of my creations:

The roof comes off the top and inside is a Christmas mini-album. You can see more pictures if you click the link.

As far as my favorite photo of 2020, I have a lot but I think this one tops them.

My son and I are sitting in the waiting room at Kaiser, where he is about to have a CT scan (or an MRI, I can’t remember which). It was a scary time for us and fortunately everything is okay, but he took this picture and posted it on Instagram and it touched me. Plus, I like how my legs look thinner – LOL.

Okay, caught up again. Maybe tomorrow I can post just one. How about you? Favorite photo? Craft anything for Christmas? Lucky enough to have a fireplace or a fire pit recommendation? Share!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/12/08/decidedly-december-2020-5/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I never saw a portable space heater that looks like a fireplace with a blaze in progress. That's a cool idea... or should I say, a hot idea? I hope Santa brings you that fire pit for the backyard. I'm thinking he might have trouble coming down the chimney with it, so maybe he can just install it out back and leave it at that. :) I am sure you will get lots of use out of the fire pit and I admire you for thinking about the air quality and choosing a cleaner fuel source. When we built this house we used a design that called for a wall to be recessed for placement of a fireplace, but since we would almost never use a fireplace here in Florida, we used that recessed wall as an ideal spot for our TV and the table upon which it rests.

    That's an adorable little house that holds a mini-album. It makes a wonderful holiday accent and conversation starter. That "helping hand" picture taken by your son certainly is a touching image in more ways than one. It reminds us that as we run the white water rapids of life we are all together in the same boat. We need to be there for each other, care, support and help each other. It's the only way.

    Happy Wednesday, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning my friend. I can imagine you would not need a fireplace in Florida! Truthfully, we would barely need one here in CA either but I grew up with one in the house and there's just something wonderful about a crackling fire. I think your idea of putting the TV in the nook is perfect.

      My son is 32 and of course wants to be independent and in charge of his own health, which I respect, so for him to put his hand on my knee like that was really special.

      Have a magnificent rest of your week dear Shady. I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little jots.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!